7.3L Godzilla Runs 10s, Stock, in a Cobra Jet

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
LOL, he was sitting on a chair with no one near him.

Doing something on camera that will be distributed. We don't wear masks in the office usually but when they're doing something to post online you bet everyone has masks. Just good ol cover your ass move in case something happens, business can say they did everything by the book.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I think this is cool, but let’s keep perspective. This has a lot to do with a gutted cobrajet race car setup with TH400, big stall leaving etc.. bet a crate gen 3 coyote would run a similar ET in this CJ...that said there is a ton of ****ing potential for this mill. Going to be alot of fun seeing it dropped into new edge, sn95, fox body cars.

andymarkv

Established Member
I can understand people being underwhelmed...sort of?
I agree that the main reason it JUST clipped the 10's is because gutted, sorted race car...BUT its with a bone stock large displacement truck motor!!
Stick a bone stock 90's truck 460 in it there and see what a turd truck engines used to be! We just have it so good these days, its hard to appreciate how far things have come.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Was watching #YDBT's talking shit stream and apparently theres a 6.8L planned for the mustang and f150. If they bring a 6.8L NA modular, a new Cobra R would be a great car to put that into. Maybe in the new chassis too, S650?

Gpcalero

Cuz Racecar
Established Member
Was watching #YDBT's talking shit stream and apparently theres a 6.8L planned for the mustang and f150. If they bring a 6.8L NA modular, a new Cobra R would be a great car to put that into. Maybe in the new chassis too, S650?

While that would be neat, what will it really be? A baby Godzilla? I don't think it was confirmed to be a smaller version of the 7.3L or not yet. And haven't heard anything else on it yet so there's nothing for me to really get excited about at this point.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
While that would be neat, what will it really be? A baby Godzilla? I don't think it was confirmed to be a smaller version of the 7.3L or not yet. And haven't heard anything else on it yet so there's nothing for me to really get excited about at this point.

He said modular, so im assuming DOHC heads?.. def NOT godzilla in that case.

How in the world would they stuff a 6.8l version of the coyote into a mustang?

Unless the next gen mustang plans to grow (again)?? Hopefully not.

Gpcalero

Cuz Racecar
Established Member

Oh man, must've missed that. Guess we will find out... or won't lol.

It'll be easy. We'll just get a giant shoehorn and... o_O

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Oh man, must've missed that. Guess we will find out... or won't lol.

It'll be easy. We'll just get a giant shoehorn and... o_O

Just need a lot of this, it'll fit :D
3sRZXl-XBnTCfXTCgGrWW98sQ8SNJjlvG1X5m4iYXDYggyNGzyFhR7yIGmhtB8pf0dZ1XvE3jQKcg13rxcr36LR5542R7Ymc.jpg

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.

I thought modular was the term for the manufacturing process, they revamped the facilities so they could change the engines they were building in hours with modular parts.

We just call them modulars because everything ford was building was OHC at that point.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator

It's a short deck version of the 7.3. Same bore, smaller stroke. I've been gathering more details.

Users who are viewing this thread