7.3L Godzilla Runs 10s, Stock, in a Cobra Jet

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I thought modular was the term for the manufacturing process, they revamped the facilities so they could change the engines they were building in hours with modular parts.

We just call them modulars because everything ford was building was OHC at that point.

Ah ha... ok, makes sense!

It's a short deck version of the 7.3. Same bore, smaller stroke. I've been gathering more details.

Woooooooooooooooow! Now that would be fun!!

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Last edited:

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
I thought modular was the term for the manufacturing process, they revamped the facilities so they could change the engines they were building in hours with modular parts.

We just call them modulars because everything ford was building was OHC at that point.
They called it modular because the left and right heads can be interchanged with eachother.

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
Why not 7L for Mustang and call it a Boss 429? Maybe they are using that name for the new Focus all electric? Some days I think the execs at Ford might have troubles spelling their own name.

Detroit Iron

Established Member
Premium Member
Hopefully this big cube engine sees its way into the Mustang...and hopefully not just in limited production, mega buck versions. With the political head winds, this may be the last shot at owning something like this. Can't wait to hear more news on this.

Bensin

Established Member
6.8 bla bla bla in Fordtime sometime in the Kamalafuture? Bringing the thread back on track. The 7.3 Cobra Jet.

blk02edge

Established Member
I want one in a fox body.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Best I can do is EV
pawnstars_photogallery_4_2016.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread