7.96@174 with a manual transmission

F8L SN8K

Established Member
Carl Tasca ran his 2010 Cobra Jet yesterday during a private test session at Bradenton Motorsports Park. Though he was nearing the barrier in recent months, he finally broke through with a 7.96 at 174 mph.

Last edited:

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Everytime I watch him I thought it was through a auto???!!!!???!!!

rw95gt

Yes, it's stock.
Established Member
Crazy! That is just fantastic! I would love to see a video of this? Congrats to Carl Tasca. I take it the tranny is not the tr6060? So we are talking about 1100rwhp or so right?

F8L SN8K

Established Member
Liberty equalizer clutch less 5 speed. Videos of his other runs posted everywhere. It won't be long and video of this run will make it up on the web. Lethal mentioned the run in the whipple KB thread but didn't mention what car so I figured I'd bring it to the fore front with its own thread. Stkjock I believe started a thread on YB and I'm waiting for it to be posted on classracer so they all can complain about the CJs under factoring some more lol.

Boy is the Cobra Jet shoot out for NMRA opener going to be fun!

Last edited:

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
This is the one and only reason that the GoPro was invented and please tell me that it was not all for naught!!!!!!!!!!!! NEED INTERIOR VIDEO!

rw95gt

Yes, it's stock.
Established Member
I just watched a bunch of videos of his car. He is driving that thing on some of his passes. Pulled the wheels hard on some of them also. Love watchin the CJ cars run.

thebull

150 or Bust
Established Member
A clutchless stick and adjustable clutch FTW!!! Endless possibilties....Look at Prostock or Billy Glidden!!

rw95gt

Yes, it's stock.
Established Member
Anyone think its possible to click of a 7.x pass with a tr6060? I know nobody has been in the 8s with the tr6060 yet but I would think with the right setup it could be possible.

F8L SN8K

Established Member
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CxhzWhXc3U&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]Tasca Cobra Jet 8.065 Run - YouTube[/nomedia]

The 7sec run I'm sure will be up soon but until then here is old pass in a mineshaft. Florida checked in at 95/2300ft IIRC.

The liberty is a great trans with dual main shaft and they are tough boxes for sure. I'm doing my best to learn how to set up mine lucky for me I have other super stock racers that are willing to show me the ropes as clutch less wasn't an option before but now....game on!

Last edited:

F8L SN8K

Established Member
There has been a 6060 in the 8s unfortunately it wasn't a mustang but a new Camaro with sprayed LS9 from lingenfilter.
Hopefully though Tony is going to rectify that little problem! Right !!???

Last edited:

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
They can band dem gears.

Yes I out it on YB, waiting on the vid as well, butthurt some will be.

thebull

150 or Bust
Established Member
There has been a 6060 in the 8s unfortunately it wasn't a mustang but a new Camaro with sprayed LS9 from lingenfilter.
Hopefully though Tony is going to rectify that little problem! Right !!???

I'm not a quiter!! Motor is out now hopefully fixing the head gasket problem.

F8L SN8K

Established Member
Last years CJ shoot out Tasca had the car to beat and Randy Hopkins wasn't far behind in the 8.3s. But Tasca red lighted it away. Evan Smith ended up winning the whole thing.

Tony I have faith in you! Keep plugging away at those 60/330s.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread