707HP 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk First Official Photos

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
Would love to own one of these in a few years. I'm still drooling over the HC chargers but I love the practicality of the jeep.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Meh, I'm a little hellcatted, demoned, track catted whatever they wanna call it out by now. Make a ram in a hell cat package, then you'll have my attention.

bb83

I like gays
Established Member
Meh, I'm a little hellcatted, demoned, track catted whatever they wanna call it out by now. Make a ram in a hell cat package, then you'll have my attention.

Not sure if serious

latest

stmoney11

DSG Lightning
Established Member

Yeah I would like to see a proper sport truck again, even if it was just an R/T with the 6.4 Hemi.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
IMO srt has been doing it right since they were formed. seems like every product they touched was a hit (except for srt6). oh yeah and caliber lol. ok, almost every product. granted they were given two turds to work with and they did what they could with them.

after the huge success with the srt4 i cant believe they havent put out another one with the dart. cheap boost sells! as long as it isnt fugly (caliber).

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
The Caliber SRT4 was actually a hit. It looked WAY better than the regular car. However, IIRC, it was a lot more expensive than the Neon SRT4 and the value for what you got just wasn't there. I seriously hoped they were going to do womething with the Dart! It was a decent looking little car as is, and would've been a great and proper successor to the Neon SRT4.

Now that Crossfire SRT6... That was a disappointment. Not to mention the Crossfire was also ugly as sin, and other than the silver windshield surround, there was very little to differentiate it visually from the pedestrian Crossfire.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
I give the company a lot of credit for releasing so many high-performance platforms. In many ways, they're leading the way. And, I really like the Trackhawk.

There is no way to deny this. They are basically saying to Ford and Chevy "Come on guys, lets do this" and rolling out stuff left and right. Its a shame the other's don't follow.

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
Not sure if they aren't following or can't follow. Ford is to busy trying to shove their 6 cylinder ecoboost down our throats.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
The Caliber SRT4 was actually a hit. It looked WAY better than the regular car. However, IIRC, it was a lot more expensive than the Neon SRT4 and the value for what you got just wasn't there. I seriously hoped they were going to do womething with the Dart! It was a decent looking little car as is, and would've been a great and proper successor to the Neon SRT4.

Now that Crossfire SRT6... That was a disappointment. Not to mention the Crossfire was also ugly as sin, and other than the silver windshield surround, there was very little to differentiate it visually from the pedestrian Crossfire.

Only easy way I've been able to tell the SRT version from the regular model were from the wheels. Car was quick for what it was and with a little work can move decently. With the depreciation hit, I'd find a used MB SLK55 AMG for that V8 roar and much better overall package compared to the Chrysler.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
There is no way to deny this. They are basically saying to Ford and Chevy "Come on guys, lets do this" and rolling out stuff left and right. Its a shame the other's don't follow.

They don't need to follow. Ford and GM are trying to build "world class" [sports] cars. If anything, Chrysler needs to get with the program, which they will be with the next Challenger/Charger chassis. The Hellcats and Demon are a last hurrah for the platform before they downsize and get serious about total performance, not just straight lines. Now, they're really going to be killing it, if they use the Ghulia's(sp?) platform for the Charger and Challenger. Ford hasn't shown much desire to compete in the sport sedan segment since the first generation Taurus SHO. GM shows interest, but won't fully commit in the "affordable" sport sedan market. Evidenced by them dropping the Pontiac brand and the current dropping of the SS sedan with no replacement in the works [that we know of.]

Stopsign32v

Established Member
They don't need to follow. Ford and GM are trying to build "world class" [sports] cars. If anything, Chrysler needs to get with the program, which they will be with the next Challenger/Charger chassis. The Hellcats and Demon are a last hurrah for the platform before they downsize and get serious about total performance, not just straight lines. Now, they're really going to be killing it, if they use the Ghulia's(sp?) platform for the Charger and Challenger. Ford hasn't shown much desire to compete in the sport sedan segment since the first generation Taurus SHO. GM shows interest, but won't fully commit in the "affordable" sport sedan market. Evidenced by them dropping the Pontiac brand and the current dropping of the SS sedan with no replacement in the works [that we know of.]

I just wish Ford would build a NA Mustang with a motor that has some damn cubic inches or the ability for cubic inches.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I just wish Ford would build a NA Mustang with a motor that has some damn cubic inches or the ability for cubic inches.

Depending on how many CI you want, that would be a [physically] huge engine. Front clip would have to get longer than it already is, and possibly wider.

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
You might as well give up on this fantasy. It's not going to happen. Not sure what CI you're hoping for but DOHC big cubic inch configurations are huge and the car would only get bigger and heavier than it is now.

Users who are viewing this thread