7K mile 2004 Redline Red Chevy SSR on BaT

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

I was never really a fan of the SSR, but this one with only 7,000 miles on the odometer looks pristine. It has the optional cargo bed appearance package with wood strips (an $890 option). It has a 5.3L V8 making 300hp and a 4-speed auto with overdrive. I'm kind of digging this one with its Redline Red paint. Sits at $17,500 with 5 hours to go. Original sticker was $45,855.00. Somebody might end up getting a good deal on this one unless the bidding heats up towards the end.

A neighbor here used to have a silver one. He only drove it on weekends and probably to local cruises/shows. With the silver paint, I wasn't liking it. This Redline Red one with black interior, though, I like.

2004_chevrolet_ssr_chevy-ss-r-95-77896.jpg

Chevy-SS-R-153-31444-scaled.jpg

Chevy-SS-R-189-31708-scaled.jpg

IMG_2070-39363.jpg

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Never was a big fan of these there ok I wouldn’t own one. The neighbor to my parents I bought my Fox body off of in 03. Has a red one with the 6.0? It’s clean red like this. If I remember these also bankrupted ASC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
They were much better when they got the 6.0. IIRK, those things are based on the Trailblazer platform. If I were shopping for an oddball off-brand car I'd look for an HHR SS (on the lower end) and a Prowler (on the higher end).

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Think about something for a moment. Either an individual or group of people at GM designed this car and someone above them green lighted production. Shoulda let the company go into bankruptcy rather than bailing it out.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Think about something for a moment. Either an individual or group of people at GM designed this car and someone above them green lighted production. Shoulda let the company go into bankruptcy rather than bailing it out.

That's the kind of product you get when design based on a punch-list of arbitrary goals/mandates.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
We have an HHR as one of our loaner vehicles at work. Absolutely terrible car and incredibly cramped.

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
there pretty fun grocery getters. Had a chance to take one for a day.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
**** that's ugly
Looks like a PT Cruiser with the top cut off.

Hated them then, hate them now :)

Comedy Central GIF by Lights Out with David Spade

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
They were much better when they got the 6.0. IIRK, those things are based on the Trailblazer platform. If I were shopping for an oddball off-brand car I'd look for an HHR SS (on the lower end) and a Prowler (on the higher end).
Chrysler/Plymouth failed on the Prowler by giving it a problematic auto and not giving it a manual. That and the lack of a V8 in a car design screaming for one. The 3.5L V6 (253hp) wasn't really underpowered in a car that only weighed 2,850 lbs. It just wasn't as exciting as the design of the Prowler was. A V8 powered Prowler with a 4-speed manual would have been really nice.

A Hemi-powered Prowler would be even better. Oh, wait.....
2013-360598-plymouth-prowler-with-hemi-v8-engine1.jpg

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
What could the goals have possibly been with such a monstrosity?

So with just a quick look I see the center bar across the grill and the 5 spoke wheels. All Chevys had those as brand hallmarks at that time. It is unique in the marketplace, which is another check box. That one is the reason for the Aztek, Avalanche, etc.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
So they made 24k of these IMO ugly trucks. BUT there were around 2k of them in a manual. Untill recently I had NO idea there were manual versions. One redeeming quality.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
So they made 24k of these IMO ugly trucks. BUT there were around 2k of them in a manual. Untill recently I had NO idea there were manual versions. One redeeming quality.

That came towards the end. Sorta like the H2. Both were almost complete dogs until their final 1-2 years of production.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
That came towards the end. Sorta like the H2. Both were almost complete dogs until their final 1-2 years of production.
Im so far from a GM fan or even understanding as to whats what. But something with 3 pedals, gets my nod of approval.

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The owner of the Dealership I work at has a SSR with less than 1K miles on it. It is Purple...
Sits in the showroom.
Gets dusted every so often.

He also likes Saabs.
So there is that.

Users who are viewing this thread