8.04 @ 185.2 1.25 60ft Supra 6spd record video

Heavy Cargo

Banned
This car is also the texas mile record holder 242mph

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbpRpj74wAo&fmt=18"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbpRpj74wAo&fmt=18[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6W_qamsM1U&fmt=18"]down the track coming at you video[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WR3vcWQ4MR0&fmt=18"]SW inside cam[/ame]

ford5.0forlife

Dead Stop
Established Member
Its seems every vid of the 6 spd supras the drivers leave time on the table on the 1-2 shift.. This vid it seems he was just out for a casual stroll through the gears.. A little more effort on the 1-2 and 2-3 and theres the .05 tenths he needs.. MPH is there in spades.

That is sick!

zo6this

Established Member
I thought this supra had the 6spd record cause someone posted that titan supra and I thought there was someone else that was faster. I think everyone else is in trouble this thing traps about 10mph higher then every other 6spd car its gonna be hard to beat this car for the record.

Last edited:

Steeda30

Clearance Clarence
Established Member
I think it's funny when Mustang/domestic guys hate on Supra's for being dyno queens, when they can obviously run the time given that they're built correctly.

The fastest 6-speed / IRS Cobra is a high 9 @ 141 I believe. Not sure about Camaro's / Vette's. I think the Supra is faster than them all, 6-speed, IRS, basically full weight.

Very impressive - and 242 in the standing mile is incredible. :bowdown:

Blue Blitz

Established Member
Its seems every vid of the 6 spd supras the drivers leave time on the table on the 1-2 shift.. This vid it seems he was just out for a casual stroll through the gears.. A little more effort on the 1-2 and 2-3 and theres the .05 tenths he needs.. MPH is there in spades.

That is sick!

Glad you're here to coach people on driving a car faster than you can even imagine.

that trap speed is HUGE :eek: what a car and what a driver :bowdown: he has got my respect......

That's SW's car he built with boost logic. Guaranteed he can outdrive more people on this site as he regularly shows up to TWS in a Z06 and puts down times only bested by open wheel cars.

William

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
It seems like the Supras have really picked it up over the last year. They were easily in the 8s but it seems like they shot forward this year taking the Texas Mile record easily and creeping into the 7s with what would be considered street trim. They are certainly a car to be reckoned with.

mr2cam

Established Member
It seems like the Supras have really picked it up over the last year. They were easily in the 8s but it seems like they shot forward this year taking the Texas Mile record easily and creeping into the 7s with what would be considered street trim. They are certainly a car to be reckoned with.

Hey you never came east for some racing! You gotta come down here sometime next year for some fun, I wanna get a ride in your car, I have yet to ride in a 03-04, plus yours looks like it has some goodies on it :D. Our 1/8th mile track may not be open next year but I will be going to Yakima and Spokane a lot next year. Anyway shoot me a pm sometime and we can work something out.

GTO30272

Established Member

That is sick!
:rollseyes :nonono:

I think it's funny when Mustang/domestic guys hate on Supra's for being dyno queens, when they can obviously run the time given that they're built correctly.

The fastest 6-speed / IRS Cobra is a high 9 @ 141 I believe. Not sure about Camaro's / Vette's. I think the Supra is faster than them all, 6-speed, IRS, basically full weight.

Very impressive - and 242 in the standing mile is incredible. :bowdown:
While I do agree with what you're saying as Supras do have some unbelievable potential and sure as hell back it up, you can't just look at only one side of the equation. How about all the people who think all Supras run 8's and it's easy to do, just bolt-on some parts. People see a couple videos online and think its easy. Hell you even have people in this thread telling them how to improve :lol:
As far as the 6 speed IRS, comment. Camaros don't have an IRS, Vettes, have a rear-mounted trans and will never run the same times, and most of the people serious about racing Cobra's swap to a SRA. The only car that really makes any sense to try and race a 6 speed/IRS setup is the Viper, and it does it quite well. BTW, drag racing a 6 speed is retarded and really only for bragging rights which is why you don't see all that many cars trying to do it in the first place. Yes I drag race a 6 speed car. :rolling:
Glad you're here to coach people on driving a car faster than you can even imagine.

That's SW's car he built with boost logic. Guaranteed he can outdrive more people on this site as he regularly shows up to TWS in a Z06 and puts down times only bested by open wheel cars.

William

THANK YOU :beer:

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Hey you never came east for some racing! You gotta come down here sometime next year for some fun, I wanna get a ride in your car, I have yet to ride in a 03-04, plus yours looks like it has some goodies on it :D. Our 1/8th mile track may not be open next year but I will be going to Yakima and Spokane a lot next year. Anyway shoot me a pm sometime and we can work something out.

We never forgot about it. My car is still not ready to be driven hard (maxed out fuel system) and neither is any of my friend's cars that would be with me. We're so damn busy we just never get the time to do it. Hopefully this winter they will get done though. I'll let you know!:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread