8 rib pulleys (procharger guys)

1998SVTCOBRA

With all due respect...
Established Member
OEM/stock tensioner will work.. IMO its all about the belt too.... ie too tight or too loose. my last belt was a 113". It was super tight. I went through 2 or 3 tensioners. Switched a 115" and it seem to like the setup better. Guess its not too hard on the tensioner.

P.S. - Part number for a green 8 rib
#k081153hd

So stock tensioner and replace with the bigger pulley? Or I can just use the stock tensioner and pulley?

Interesting point on the belt length, I’ll check to see what the length was on the one that just went.

1998SVTCOBRA

With all due respect...
Established Member
Ended up going with the stock Motocraft tensioner and putting the bigger pulley on. Original belt was a 113”, and ended up going with that again. She’s running strong again. Thanks for all the good info as always.

97snakebite

Established Member
Ended up going with the stock Motocraft tensioner and putting the bigger pulley on. Original belt was a 113”, and ended up going with that again. She’s running strong again. Thanks for all the good info as always.
Just out of curiosity how tight is your belt. The only way I was able to get the 113" on was by pulling the tensioner full loose and that barely gave me enough slack to slide it over the water pump .

Sent from my SM-G965U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

1998SVTCOBRA

With all due respect...
Established Member
Just out of curiosity how tight is your belt. The only way I was able to get the 113" on was by pulling the tensioner full loose and that barely gave me enough slack to slide it over the water pump .

Sent from my SM-G965U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Wasn’t that tight. Fitment feels right on; did not have to crank tensioner to full open position to slip on.

Users who are viewing this thread