8 second 2020 GT500

LostM

Established Member
This car really is amazing. Ford Fkn killed it with this thing.
100% street legal, Stock suspension, stock brakes, no methanol injection, no stereo removed, etc etc.

Pure power and technology

7895_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=NyzVUB5tT84AX-Wf8CJ&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.jpg

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Awesome Steve! Congrats!
Has anyone tried a stiff wall bias ply on the DCT cars yet?
Just curious.
Keep it up man.
-J

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
Congrats on the 8 second pass! It is crazy to think that car is running 8's with bolt-on's and a fuel system.

LostM

Established Member
Awesome Steve! Congrats!
Has anyone tried a stiff wall bias ply on the DCT cars yet?
Just curious.
Keep it up man.
-J

Not that I know of, but no need yet. its not about traction, its about the clutches and slip etc. we can make enough power to kill even the ssp's, but the tcm doesnt have the range calibrated to let it slip enough when needed and grab when requested. hell, this is on a 18" 325x30 tire. like fkn rubber bands

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Not that I know of, but no need yet. its not about traction, its about the clutches and slip etc. we can make enough power to kill even the ssp's, but the tcm doesnt have the range calibrated to let it slip enough when needed and grab when requested. hell, this is on a 18" 325x30 tire. like fkn rubber bands
Thanks man, but I actually think it’s worth a try or at least discussing with someone like Ken.
If you think of a conventional stick car launching, it’s either the tire or the clutch that slips. Radials won’t slip so it puts more pressure, slip and heat in the DCT.
If unavailable to program/adjust slip in the DCT clutches, or if the slip in the clutches causes safety defaults, I’d think using the tire as the slip could make sense. There are now 18” bias ply slicks available.
-J

Users who are viewing this thread