84 in a 65...penalty? WOO HOO!!!!!! check this!!

Gambinotdx

Established Member
officer walks up..."ok here's what we're gonna do. the penalty for 84 in a 65 is 4 points...but you don't exactly want those on your license. so we'll reduce it to a seatbelt ticket. $85 and no points. if you don't want to accept this penalty we'll settle it tonight in court. will you accept it?"

i'm like I ACCEPT I ACCEPT!!!! judge says $35 surcharge totalling 115 bucks. are you ready to pay tonight? i threw 120 bucks at the collector, grabbed my receipt and ran out of there!!!! i guess the 3 hour drive each way paid off :D

boy did i learn my lesson!!! :beer: :rolling: :thumbsup:

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
LOL man you got so lucky!!!

I have to go here in a couple minutes to pay the rest of my fine from my accident, I had two tickets, no license and accident and the judge was like want to go on Cout Supervision and pay court costs? I was like yipee!!!!!! still ran $247 :( better than a $1,000 ticket for no license though.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Originally posted by Gambinotdx
officer walks up..."ok here's what we're gonna do. the penalty for 84 in a 65 is 4 points...but you don't exactly want those on your license. so we'll reduce it to a seatbelt ticket. $85 and no points. if you don't want to accept this penalty we'll settle it tonight in court. will you accept it?"

i'm like I ACCEPT I ACCEPT!!!! judge says $35 surcharge totalling 115 bucks. are you ready to pay tonight? i threw 120 bucks at the collector, grabbed my receipt and ran out of there!!!! i guess the 3 hour drive each way paid off :D

Damn Jon,

You must be one smooth talker.:D

LIGHTNINROD

Established Member
Some of you

may be familiar with The Neal Boortz Show.... Yesterday, he reported that a man was stopped for speeding--45 in a 30 mph zone--in Norway(or Finland?). His fine was $103,000:cryying: ! Over there they charge you a percentage of your annual salary. His was 5.5 million. Any errors are mine but I think I remembered it correctly.

Dan

Josh

Established Member
Damn 4 points? I was doing 87 in a 50, and I got only 2 points and a 20 dollor fine. And of course court costs. I of course was a minor at the time. So all in all I think I paid 43 bucks ,two points and a month suspension.

CobraMan99

Established Member
wow you all have it so nice..If you live in virginia beach they have a new law for speeding. 15 over the limit is wreckless and if convicted, 1000-2000 dollar fine and a year in jail...

I hate virginia,oh and one more thing.
radar detectors are illegal. :cuss:

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by CobraMan99
wow you all have it so nice..If you live in virginia beach they have a new law for speeding. 15 over the limit is wreckless and if convicted, 1000-2000 dollar fine and a year in jail...

I hate virginia,oh and one more thing.
radar detectors are illegal. :cuss:
yikes remind me not to do anything in your state........ wondering what they do to people who race?? Cut their right leg off?

CobraMan99

Established Member
Well to give you an idea...there was a guy i knew who had a S2000 he got caught going 140 in a 55..The courts made hime sell his car and his liscence was suspended indefinately.

I got caught going 90+ in a 55 but i have a florida liscence and plates cause thats where i bought my car cause i was on ship..and being out of state is what saved me from going to jail that night.

I hate this place... :bash:

S

SVTHottie102

Holy shit! Nice job :beer:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
i was VERY thankful...trust me...:-D that was much better than the way i thought it was going to turn out hehe....:burnout: :burnout:

way to go Big Jon, I bet the G/F was happy:D :D

Users who are viewing this thread