9.13 @ 154.2 mph

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
imagine what it'll do when they figure the DCT programming out. a couple of those shifts didn't sound so good...still ran a cray time!

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I think this thing is starting to show it's true colors by being a road course car first

was it the biggest rotors/calipers ever on a mustang to give that away?

Im guessing this thing has under 10k in mods running bottom 9s after only being out a couple months. Still impressive as shit

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
was it the biggest rotors/calipers ever on a mustang to give that away?

Im guessing this thing has under 10k in mods running bottom 9s after only being out a couple months. Still impressive as shit

lol that and the fact that it's been easier for guys to carve corners than it is to launch this pig

PM-Performance

Established Member
lol that and the fact that it's been easier for guys to carve corners than it is to launch this pig
I mean 1.4 60's aren't anything to scoff at by any means of a car of this weight and limitations. This is the first time out for anyone on an actual tire. Didnt Evolution bust out a high 1.4 or very low 1.5 on ETSS?
Didn't the other orange one go like mid to lower 1.5's on R888's?

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
I mean 1.4 60's aren't anything to scoff at by any means of a car of this weight and limitations. This is the first time out for anyone on an actual tire. Didnt Evolution bust out a high 1.4 or very low 1.5 on ETSS?
Didn't the other orange one go like mid to lower 1.5's on R888's?

Oh I'm not sneezing at a 1.4 60' at all. Believe me I know what it takes that quick of a short time.
What I meant was that this is a GT500 that seems to be more impressive on a road course and more problematic on a drag strip

PM-Performance

Established Member
Oh I'm not sneezing at a 1.4 60' at all. Believe me I know what it takes that quick of a short time.
What I meant was that this is a GT500 that seems to be more impressive on a road course and more problematic on a drag strip

Problematic is debatable. Car stock runs mid 10's. Mildly modded dips into high to mid 9's. a tad more modded low 9's.
IMHO, I will agree the car is more road course centric, but has no problems clocking off flagship drag car times. I really do think this car is the best of both worlds.
If you can go out and run mid9's on the same tire pressure and tire that you can around the road course, it really does not get any better than that.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
Problematic is debatable. Car stock runs mid 10's. Mildly modded dips into high to mid 9's. a tad more modded low 9's.
IMHO, I will agree the car is more road course centric, but has no problems clocking off flagship drag car times. I really do think this car is the best of both worlds.
If you can go out and run mid9's on the same tire pressure and tire that you can around the road course, it really does not get any better than that.

I will agree with you, but did you happen to see Palm Beach dyno video of the first time he took the car bone stock to the track and had numerous trans issues? A brand new car, bone stock, marketed towards racing should at least perform the same exact way every time out.

PM-Performance

Established Member
I will agree with you, but did you happen to see Palm Beach dyno video of the first time he took the car bone stock to the track and had numerous trans issues? A brand new car, bone stock, marketed towards racing should at least perform the same exact way every time out.

I do not recall anyone else that has been racing these having that problem. Could just be the learning curve with the tune and finding what the car likes. Sure the TCM isnt unlocked, but there are still things that can be upset by messing with the other settings.
This is a new car, new platform. Every pass isnt going to be a killer pass.

Users who are viewing this thread