9.26 @ 144 mph - Demon w/ Stock Blower 1.31 60 foot

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
No no.. I dig the car. Ive always been a HC/Demon fan.

I would just expect a bolt on car to trap closer to 150 or over if a stock one is supposed to go 140?

IDK.. maybe im off base.

That is a mild bolt on. Id say times are very naughty.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Not everyone likes thick. This generation is full of limp wristed, gender neutral lady boys.

Recon

Established Member
That’s fast for such a big car. I’d imagine we’ll get a demon 2.0 in the future with the Hellaphant and hopefully a lighter chassis.
With what is out now I’ll take a Challenger over Mustang and Camaro.

Pick your poison.

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
Impressive et. However mph is sub par. The 13/14 gt500s have been 146+ stock blower. Ford screwed up by not putting the 10spd in the new GT500. Hopefully it is an option in the future.

PIPO

Established Member
Stock Nitto's!

Attachments

• RAY.jpg
    RAY.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 121

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Impressive et. However mph is sub par. The 13/14 gt500s have been 146+ stock blower. Ford screwed up by not putting the 10spd in the new GT500. Hopefully it is an option in the future.
The DCT is faster shifting than the 10speed.

We will see which is better in straight line acceleration. With all the cars sporting DCT, my money is on DCT. Unless Ford used a pos DCT. Hopefully they used a unit similar to whats on the porsche and mclaren vehicles.

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
The DCT is faster shifting than the 10speed.

We will see which is better in straight line acceleration. With all the cars sporting DCT, my money is on DCT. Unless Ford used a pos DCT. Hopefully they used a unit similar to whats on the porsche and mclaren vehicles.
The RPM drop in the vid was horrendous. I don't care how fast it shifts.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
The DCT in the ford GT is the saving grace of that car in being neck/neck with a 755hp zr1. 755hp vs 647hp and its a drivers race.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Try CF wheels, monocoque cockpit, lighter weight, etc. its not just the DCT.
The weight difference isnt that much, I read the ZR1 is lighter than the Z06. ZR1 is around 35xxlbs and the Ford GT isnt 3,000lbs either, its closer to 34xxlbs.

But the power difference between the two 755hp/715tq vs 647hp/550tq.

ViperRed91GT

Lightning Guru
Established Member
I certainly don’t consider a similar tire a mod, but when you list mods, and don’t list the race wheel/tire (which are mods), it does imply that you’re trying to say “I ran x.xx with only a pulley!” It’s also got what looks to be a 6 pt, which does wonders for rigidity, which equates to 60 ft.

It’s still a great time, just seems like they’re trying to underplay what all is done to the car. Similar to the hellcat videos that came out, where the guy was later found to be using nitrous (which we all called due to sound and the fact he was snapping driveshafts).

You’re dissapoint at a car that went bottom 9s @ mid 140s essentially pulley only?

Damn... lol.

I rest my case.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
No no.. I dig the car. Ive always been a HC/Demon fan.

I would just expect a bolt on car to trap closer to 150 or over if a stock one is supposed to go 140?

IDK.. maybe im off base.
Speed doesn't always provide ET. I've made some impressive trap speeds with lousy times. On the flip side I have made great passes that had the ET needed but with a lack in top speed.

Traction, control, gears, tires, wheels, overall weight, and other items all come into play. A solid launch will normally yield a great ET, but the speed is not guaranteed.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

ViperRed91GT

Lightning Guru
Established Member
Whats your case?

To avoid quoting my case (again), please read the post you’re referring to.

Edit: Unless of course, pulley only also includes injectors, boost a pump, race gas, wheels and tires, cage and a lightweight seat.

Again, not taking anything from the car. But this isn’t a “pulley only” car.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
To avoid quoting my case (again), please read the post you’re referring to.

Well, given that you are quoting me without having prior conversation, figured you’d give me the courtesy of a summation of your “case”.

Dont really feel like back tracking and reading up on your case. Lol

ViperRed91GT

Lightning Guru
Established Member
Well, given that you are quoting me without having prior conversation, figured you’d give me the courtesy of a summation of your “case”.

Dont really feel like back tracking and reading up on your case. Lol

It’s quoted with your quote, didn’t figure it was that difficult. Otherwise, I see your point. In this case, I don’t think you have one.

Users who are viewing this thread