9.26 @ 144 mph - Demon w/ Stock Blower 1.31 60 foot

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
It’s quoted with your quote, didn’t figure it was that difficult. Otherwise, I see your point. In this case, I don’t think you have one.

So your case is that my statement underplays the mods on the car, or that it was inaccurate?

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Speed doesn't always provide ET. I've made some impressive trap speeds with lousy times. On the flip side I have made great passes that had the ET needed but with a lack in top speed.

Traction, control, gears, tires, wheels, overall weight, and other items all come into play. A solid launch will normally yield a great ET, but the speed is not guaranteed.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Oh, I definitely get it. It ET's very, very nicely.

However, trap speed is an indication of how "fast" the car is.

ET means nothing when running down the highway and a Demon pulls up to you at 65 mph. Trap speed, on the other hand, means everything. A car that traps higher will almost always win the roll race.

Most encounters out in the wild in Mexico happen from a roll, but I digress!

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

Well, you should probably focus on the “essentially” part. Meaning, that not much else was done.

Please see below:

“Mods are 2.5 upper pulley, injectors, boost a pump, ignite 114 fuel, wheels and tires. Car also has a cage and a I believe a lightweight seat so pretty close to full weight.”

Those mods are what I would consider a mild bolt on car, at best.

ram150

USMC veteran
Established Member
Demon threads in SVTP NEVER fail to deliver :D:D:D:cool:o_O
FC49102F-54D8-4CE8-868A-AA8EDAE7A9A5.jpeg

Curt@injected

ET means nothing when running down the highway and a Demon pulls up to you at 65 mph. Trap speed, on the other hand, means everything. A car that traps higher will almost always win the roll race.

This thing has trapped 145+. it should trap 149-150. He's been playing with tire and gear ratio a lot trying to find a combo that works well. The car is shifting right before the traps right now, hence the low mph. That and the 30.5 inch tire he is running atm.

Most pullied hellcats trap 145 ish. We have a charger hellcat on stock blower no nitrous which is trapping 151.5 atm.

PIPO

Established Member
SRTMush’s demon trapped 150mph with less whp if I’m not mistaken. Same mods but E85.
Marc will figures it out and get it done. His goal is 8s on stock blower...it’ll happen.

ViperRed91GT

Lightning Guru
Established Member
Well, you should probably focus on the “essentially” part. Meaning, that not much else was done.

Please see below:

“Mods are 2.5 upper pulley, injectors, boost a pump, ignite 114 fuel, wheels and tires. Car also has a cage and a I believe a lightweight seat so pretty close to full weight.”

Those mods are what I would consider a mild bolt on car, at best.

I listed the mods above, but I’m glad you looked to refresh yourself. I’d say it’s safe to assume that we both agree that it isn’t a “pulley only” car, which is “essentially” what your first post implied. I wholeheartedly agree that this is essentially a mild bolt-on car, which isn’t the same as a pulley only. I’d venture to say that this car is closer to FBO than pulley only, which was the original point, but then we get into the subjective “what constitutes a bolt on blah blah blah”, which I don’t think that needs to be revisited for the millionth time lol.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I listed the mods above, but I’m glad you looked to refresh yourself. I’d say it’s safe to assume that we both agree that it isn’t a “pulley only” car, which is “essentially” what your first post implied. I wholeheartedly agree that this is essentially a mild bolt-on car, which isn’t the same as a pulley only. I’d venture to say that this car is closer to FBO than pulley only, which was the original point, but then we get into the subjective “what constitutes a bolt on blah blah blah”, which I don’t think that needs to be revisited for the millionth time lol.

Essentially, you are making a mistake, by inferring that “essentially pulley only” is the same as “pulley only”. Id also venture out and say that this car is closer to pulley only than FBO. I think we will agree to disagree. No need to revisit our replies for the millionth time. Lol.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member

I can't get into roll racing. It's just not my world. Even when I played a little on those imaginary streets, drag racing was from a dead stop launch.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Essentially, you are making a mistake, by inferring that “essentially pulley only” is the same as “pulley only”. Id also venture out and say that this car is closer to pulley only than FBO. I think we will agree to disagree. No need to revisit our replies for the millionth time. Lol.

lol...y'alls back and forth was like the scene between Neo and the Architect in the Matrix...

tenor.gif

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Bc its fast in a straight line it will make it better than the new shelby? stop.

I didnt say that. But unfortunately for many that hoped for a new shelby besting the Demon in straight line speed, that is not the case.

For what is worth, Id take the new shelbo over the Demon.

Users who are viewing this thread