tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
MFGA!

Make
Ford
Great
Again

Ford either programmed safety in its pcm to protect the trans, or the trans has hardware programmed from Tremec trying to protect it from blowing up.

It’s obvious the car has nannies protecting components, and managing torque for launch/acceleration.

I’d bet with that system deactivated, and the clutches tricked into half engagement, the car picks up tons of speed and drops 60ft well, but still ends up being harder than a demon to break into 8’s.

A few clutch cars have gone 1.3x 60fts. I think this dct has 1.45-1.55’s in it with future hacks and tricks pulled, but getting it into 1.3’s at these power levels will probably kill the clutches it has factory.

Swap clutches, and then I think you can really beat on it. There’s no major weak link components in side that aren’t easy to address while doing clutches.

^ I think demonology should look up how quick clutch cars have gone. He had some good insights on torque converter vs clutch for 60ft, but it’s not that hard to get a 1.3x from a clutch. You just need a clutch that bites hard like a stage 3 or grippier clutch.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member

^ I think demonology should look up how quick clutch cars have gone. He had some good insights on torque converter vs clutch for 60ft, but it’s not that hard to get a 1.3x from a clutch. You just need a clutch that bites hard like a stage 3 or grippier clutch.

my god that's an old video

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Nahh im starting to think the DCT is going to be it’s achilles heel at the dragstrip, unless they can figure something out with the tuning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You’re probably right. Hopefully, Ford creates some type of manual GT 500 with a “drag pack” option after 2021.

RonParsons

Kaneda’s 3rd alter ego
You’re probably right. Hopefully, Ford creates some type of manual GT 500 with a “drag pack” option after 2021.

This car is not a drag car. I don't get why people are trying to turn this magnificently balanced car with one of the best transmissions ever into something it's not...a one trick pony like the Dodge Demon.

My94GT

Established Member
This car is not a drag car. I don't get why people are trying to turn this magnificently balanced car with one of the best transmissions ever into something it's not...a one trick pony like the Dodge Demon.

same reason people go out and buy turbo P cars and tune them to run quarter mile runs. People like drag racing. This is a niche where dodge gets it.

short of the cobra jet for doesn’t really make a more drag focused car. Many people want the top of the line model but have no interest in road course. I’d wager if for sold a more drag focused gt500 option it would out sell the standard set up now.

I mean I get your point too and what I personally love about the Gt500 is that it’s such a balanced car but people want power and they want to brag about straight line performance at their cars and coffee events.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I mean I get your point too and what I personally love about the Gt500 is that it’s such a balanced car but people want power and they want to brag about straight line performance at their cars and coffee events.
BINGO!!!!!

ZOMBEAST

Killed by Death
Established Member
Might need to swap out the 3.73's to 3.90's or 4.11's if you're looking for better quarter times. I'm curious as to what rpm they hit at the finish. Sounded like they were still in 4th gear which is a 1.1 ratio. Maybe someone could calculate some numbers.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Don’t answer me! Bye again.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
I get it, but I'm not doing it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Might need to swap out the 3.73's to 3.90's or 4.11's if you're looking for better quarter times. I'm curious as to what rpm they hit at the finish. Sounded like they were still in 4th gear which is a 1.1 ratio. Maybe someone could calculate some numbers.
Agreed.
This car is VERY new with a never before used TREMEC DCT.
There will be a learning curve.
Fortunately, the engine/blower combo is VERY well known and easy to make BIG power.
Unfortunately, it’s heavy and has an untested DCT.
Although it’s a well balanced car, for MANY like myself, that balance means #1 street enjoyment, #2 straight line performance, #3 competent handling and brakes.
For the Dodge/SRT point, they’ve focused on points 1/2 while Ford and Chevy have focused more on 1/3.
Fortunately, the car that is more straight line/drag focused than road course, is a much more comfortable, usable street car. And that’s where 99% of people use them and the sales prove it, with Chevy a distant third while Dodge surges.
This GT500 is the closest to the perfect street Mustang for ME, and the IRS and DCT are big parts of that.
-J

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Let’s just hope Ford figured it out.
My 2 kids both had Ford Focus cars and both had the same DCT issue.
Heel, my new 2020 Raptor still can’t decide what gear it wants to be in on the 10spd trans.
I’ve cut 1.3x 60’ in my demon, that 8 spd trans is a beast.
I will be anxious for the arrival of my GT500 and spring weather! I’m guessing there will be more “real world” info by that time!
Cmon Spring!

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Let’s just hope Ford figured it out.
My 2 kids both had Ford Focus cars and both had the same DCT issue.
Heel, my new 2020 Raptor still can’t decide what gear it wants to be in on the 10spd trans.
I’ve cut 1.3x 60’ in my demon, that 8 spd trans is a beast.
I will be anxious for the arrival of my GT500 and spring weather! I’m guessing there will be more “real world” info by that time!
Cmon Spring!
I agree man.
I love my ZF A8 in my Hellcat. I originally leased my ‘14 Ram for the same reason, the trans was better than the ‘14 F150.
Two major points there tho, this DCT is from Tremec and the Dodge A8 is the world renowned ZF unit.
I have faith in Tremec and a DCT that’ll be more affordable by use in the Corvette, Shelby and hopefully other cars and the aftermarket.
The Tremec engineers at Power Tour hinted at aftermarket eventually.
-J

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
The ZF A8 in my '16 Ram Sport 4X4 rcsb is pretty awesome. Never searching for gears.
Seems pretty good. That sucks to hear about the A10 in the new Raptor.

Now, the A10 in my Roush is pretty darn awesome. Never searches for gears and in Sport+ mode is pretty violent. lol

My94GT

Established Member
Agreed.
This car is VERY new with a never before used TREMEC DCT.
There will be a learning curve.
Fortunately, the engine/blower combo is VERY well known and easy to make BIG power.
Unfortunately, it’s heavy and has an untested DCT.
Although it’s a well balanced car, for MANY like myself, that balance means #1 street enjoyment, #2 straight line performance, #3 competent handling and brakes.
For the Dodge/SRT point, they’ve focused on points 1/2 while Ford and Chevy have focused more on 1/3.
Fortunately, the car that is more straight line/drag focused than road course, is a much more comfortable, usable street car. And that’s where 99% of people use them and the sales prove it, with Chevy a distant third while Dodge surges.
This GT500 is the closest to the perfect street Mustang for ME, and the IRS and DCT are big parts of that.
-J

I think the only way they improve it in the buyers eyes is offer a stick for the minority that want it. Then again that will directly impact its performance as well.

in a couple months however we may see tuners really having success with this transmission. It’ll be interesting to see how this goes. Likely very costly too lol

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
wonder if it had anything to do with him feathering the throttle so much during the burnout

Users who are viewing this thread