9 thread remanufactured heads, are they a good buy?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
New heads retail around $1400. But hard to find. If the remanufacturing process was done properly and they're in excellent shape, then it's a viable option. Can you get any more info from the seller on these heads?

Cobra dreams

I asked him about who did the work etc. This was his reply, "Magnum machine out of va beach Virginia did the work. Has all stock valvetrain. Just been cleaned and fresh cut on the valves. Seats and guides both checked along with pressure checked and milled. Heads were pulled from a running engine , just had then freshened up before I listed them." He also stated that they had 100K miles on them. Kinda scary. Are there any alternatives to using these in the aftermarket? I am not so interested in the go fast aspect, I think she's fast enough as is :) I just want my car to run the way its supposed to.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Why not just get the valve seals replaced on your current heads? Or even get them rebuilt. They have to come off either way.

But generally as long as the machine work is good you'll be fine. 100k doesn't mean anything as long as there's no damage and they weren't starved of oil.

cj428mach

Established Member
With the seat and guide issues these heads have id get them rebuilt by a reputable shop.

Cobra dreams

I'm trying to get the last revision heads for the increased thread count, and the improved cooling. My car was built in 02, so all the original defects are there, even the pitting in the paint. I just wish I was the original owner, could have avoided some of this stuff with the recalls that came out. Oh, well. If it was a perfect car I would'nt have anything to play with

cj428mach

Established Member
I'm trying to get the last revision heads for the increased thread count, and the improved cooling. My car was built in 02, so all the original defects are there, even the pitting in the paint. I just wish I was the original owner, could have avoided some of this stuff with the recalls that came out. Oh, well. If it was a perfect car I would'nt have anything to play with

The DB heads are good but in all honesty I wouldn't put a used head on my cobra with out new guides and new exhaust seats from a reputable shop.

Users who are viewing this thread