90 T Bird sc. Lost soul

Phil04Cobra

Aluminator Cobra
Established Member
Hi guys . About 7 years ago i bought a 90 T Bird Sc. I was always a fan of these cars and ended up with a black one . I lowered it ( Eibach springs) Blacked out the windows , It already had a Mach 1 Cervini hood , Rebuilt the engine , had magnum powers rebuild the sc and port it , 70mm bbk t body , cold air intake , and a few other things like headlights and other cosmetic stuff . I bought a 30th ann supercoupe and swapped out the interior to my car as the 30th ann was rusted out (seats need to be redone ) but the swap is complete other than the headliner . Door panels and dash is mint . I ended up buying a 08 Mustang as my daily and moved away from where the supercoupe is now . I have since sold the 08 Mustang and bought a 04 Cobra . What i'm getting at here is i still love my Supercoupe it's just that i lost interest in it and now it is just sitting outside wasting away . It's not really worth anything as it sits . Needs tires , has a miss in the engine and needs some tlc . I really don't know what to do with it . Part it out? Sell it for a couple grand ? Let me know what you guys think . It's almost to nice to part out . Car is located in Nova Scotia . Anyone want it ? lol

some pics of her when she was in her prime .

258_42776850236_517820236_2983246_7104_n_zps6a83bc19.jpg
203_22388805236_517820236_2246335_7434_n_zps6b981ba9.jpg

258_42776855236_517820236_2983247_7726_n_zps1040b8c2.jpg

GeorgiaSnake

Established Member
I always liked that body style Bird. I had a 95 V-8 Bird for a good while and loved it. Ended up practicly giving it to one of my son in law's because they needed a car at the time. He kept it a long time too and practicly drove the wheels off it, LOL.

I liked the factory ground effects on the SC's. I always thought they needed a rear spoiler though to make it look more complete. I always thought some sort of ducktail style rear spoiler would have complimented that well.

The Snake

Phil04Cobra

Aluminator Cobra
Established Member
I always liked that body style Bird. I had a 95 V-8 Bird for a good while and loved it. Ended up practicly giving it to one of my son in law's because they needed a car at the time. He kept it a long time too and practicly drove the wheels off it, LOL.

I liked the factory ground effects on the SC's. I always thought they needed a rear spoiler though to make it look more complete. I always thought some sort of ducktail style rear spoiler would have complimented that well.

The Snake

They are a cool looking car for thier time thats for sure . If i remember correctly you can get a ducktail style spoiler for these cars aftermarket . It's been a while since i looked into the aftermarket scene for the SC

GeorgiaSnake

Established Member
You may be or may have been, if it has since died up, right on that. Seems like I have seen a couple of Birds with spoilers like that before. I almost bought a Courgar version of the SC once. Looking back, for those into such things, the Courgar probably would have a bit more value as I am sure fewer of them were produced. The Courgar I looked at that time was also a manual transmission car too. Like to know the build numbers on that. May have been a special order car, who knows. It was black as well.

The Snake

Phil04Cobra

Aluminator Cobra
Established Member
You may be or may have been, if it has since died up, right on that. Seems like I have seen a couple of Birds with spoilers like that before. I almost bought a Courgar version of the SC once. Looking back, for those into such things, the Courgar probably would have a bit more value as I am sure fewer of them were produced. The Courgar I looked at that time was also a manual transmission car too. Like to know the build numbers on that. May have been a special order car, who knows. It was black as well.

The Snake[/QUOTE
Nice . My T bird is also a 5 speed manual . Its just to bad these cars hold zero value . I know there are some pretty nice ones out there making decent power with the 3.8 . It's funny how cars like the Grand National , which was built in the same era hold much more value than the T Bird SC . Both are blown v6 engines . I guess the GN is just a more desirable car.:shrug:

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
I sold my 91 XR7 for $600 to a guy that came down from Michigan to pick it up. It had no brakes (stupid Teves antilock system), so it was undriveable. I was happy to get that much. He was going to transplant the 5.0 and drivetrain into another Thunderbird. Not sure what ever happened after that.

I'd love a clean 95 SC 5 speed, but those are so rare now that I'd be afraid to drive it.

Phil04Cobra

Aluminator Cobra
Established Member
I sold my 91 XR7 for $600 to a guy that came down from Michigan to pick it up. It had no brakes (stupid Teves antilock system), so it was undriveable. I was happy to get that much. He was going to transplant the 5.0 and drivetrain into another Thunderbird. Not sure what ever happened after that.

I'd love a clean 95 SC 5 speed, but those are so rare now that I'd be afraid to drive it.

I would sell mine for 2 grand . Another grand in it and it would be a nice road worthy car . I loved how it drove and even how it pulled .It's not fast by no means but would sail along at 130 mph no problem .

95SC_zpsd0706f10.jpg

95 SC is my favorite. I always wanted a white one .
I don't know who owns the car in the picture , but it's nice .

cuda99

Cuda99
Established Member
Outstanding Road Vehicles

I've owned both an 89 auto and a 95 5-speed Super Coupe and I am of the opinion that these cars were always under appreciated. Of course, they had their issues but look at what they were for the day. A well valued sports coupe, IRS, Supercharged, fuel injected, adjustable ride control, and you could get a manual gearbox. The seats alone were, by far, the most comfortable sports seats I have ever sat in (with adjustable side bolsters). I think that without the T-bird SC, perhaps, there would not have been the Terminator. They had a very cult following and even a somewhat large internet community at the time, SC-Performance, much like SVTPerf.

I have had so many good times and memories in these things they were just a maintenance nightmare and about 2x the price to modify with about half the performance gains. But when they were one the road they drove so well. I remember taking a spur of the moment trip from Illinois to Vegas (for New Years) and it was the absolutely perfect road trip car, fun and comfortable and on the open road I could cruise at 130 all day:rockon:

I will own another one day (when rich and famous of course :) I should have not traded it on my 04 and just kept it. I kick myself all the time for getting rid of it.

my 95 5-speed (very rare fully optioned)
DSC00002_zps1699ad70.gif

Picture016_zpsd59311c7.gif

Picture00008_zpsc4e13d17.gif

My old 89 Auto (such a smooth driving machine)
DSC00024_zpsdd216579.gif

DSC00009_zps2f1b4a1c.gif

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
Ah yes, the automatic seat belts. Good times.

This was my Oxford White 91 XR7 back in its prime.

25167_598005355530_3788441_n.jpg

I knew that car inside and out and could tell you all the common problems on 89-93 MN12s

Last edited:

Phil04Cobra

Aluminator Cobra
Established Member
I've owned both an 89 auto and a 95 5-speed Super Coupe and I am of the opinion that these cars were always under appreciated. Of course, they had their issues but look at what they were for the day. A well valued sports coupe, IRS, Supercharged, fuel injected, adjustable ride control, and you could get a manual gearbox. The seats alone were, by far, the most comfortable sports seats I have ever sat in (with adjustable side bolsters). I think that without the T-bird SC, perhaps, there would not have been the Terminator. They had a very cult following and even a somewhat large internet community at the time, SC-Performance, much like SVTPerf.

I have had so many good times and memories in these things they were just a maintenance nightmare and about 2x the price to modify with about half the performance gains. But when they were one the road they drove so well. I remember taking a spur of the moment trip from Illinois to Vegas (for New Years) and it was the absolutely perfect road trip car, fun and comfortable and on the open road I could cruise at 130 all day:rockon:

I will own another one day (when rich and famous of course :) I should have not traded it on my 04 and just kept it. I kick myself all the time for getting rid of it.

my 95 5-speed (very rare fully optioned)
DSC00002_zps1699ad70.gif

Picture016_zpsd59311c7.gif

Picture00008_zpsc4e13d17.gif

My old 89 Auto (such a smooth driving machine)
DSC00024_zpsdd216579.gif

DSC00009_zps2f1b4a1c.gif

Nice cars ! I really like the 95. They were and still are a nice driving car . I drove mine across Canada , from Alberta to Nova Scotia (over 3000 miles) in 3 days . Slept in the car once along the way . Had a great sleep with that big comfy seat reclined .
I had some great times in that old car . My brother had a 90 5.0 lx with a few bolt ons and we had so many fender to fender races . They were really close but he would normally get the upper hand .
I seen a Terminator swapped SC on youtube . Pretty awesome !

flS/R

Established Member
I miss driving my thunderbird :( OP, you should fix your and drive it again

racecougar

MN12 parts guy
Established Member
Thanks!

A group of us attended the Car Craft Street Machine Nationals this past weekend. Excuse the GT500, he's currently in the middle of a pretty serious build on a 35th Anny SC from my stash, so he'll be back in a SC before long. You might recognize Tony Serno's SC (the white one you posted a pic of above).

P1160594.gif

P1160656.gif

P1160741.gif

Phil04Cobra

Aluminator Cobra
Established Member
Nice cars ! Some serious SC's there . It's nice to see they are still out there . Out of curiousity are all the T Birds 3.8L ? What are they putting down for numbers ? I recall seeing some 10 second SC's on SCCOA.

Users who are viewing this thread