93 sho problems

mystic venom

Established Member
Hey Guys, figured I'd post this in the sho forums to see if anybody has any advice.

Buddy of mine has a sh0 93 I believe. Car died out of the blue. Troubleshot it and looked like it was the ECU. Replaced the ECU and car started, drove it around the block a few times and parked it. Went back out a hour later and car started fine. Next day went to move the car and would not start. He has another ECU but hasn't plugged it in. Do you think that something is getting the puter or maybe another underlying problem. Doesn't have any voltage on the ground pins so everything looks good there. just curious if you guys have seen anything like this and any ideas on what to look at.

Any inputs would be appreciated.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
why do you think its the EEC? Whats the mileage and maintenance history? My first guess by what you state is the WP & CPS

mystic venom

Established Member
why do you think its the EEC? Whats the mileage and maintenance history? My first guess by what you state is the WP & CPS

Don't know the exact history of the car, as it's in Huntsville but know that he used to be on a sho forum and in the troublshooting narrowed it down to the ECU, although this may not be correct. I do know that he has changed out the coil packs before. What is the WP?

Banned
Esp. Maintenance. If routine maint. was not followed, it could be a nightmare. You maybe be searching for days or weeks trying to troubleshoot the problem.

mystic venom

Established Member
Esp. Maintenance. If routine maint. was not followed, it could be a nightmare. You maybe be searching for days or weeks trying to troubleshoot the problem.

I think he has been off and on troubleshooting car for over a year. He's a comm engineer and pretty auto savy, just has run out of ideas. I'm not that familiar with the sho's though. Computer never threw any codes according to him.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
WP = water pump. If the pump is around 60k miles old it will develop a slight leak that lands on the Crank Position Sensor. The car will run for a bit until it starts leaking on the CPS then it dies. Easiest way to diagnosis is when it won't run watch the tach. If the tach doesn't move when it is cranking its the CPS

mystic venom

Established Member
WP = water pump. If the pump is around 60k miles old it will develop a slight leak that lands on the Crank Position Sensor. The car will run for a bit until it starts leaking on the CPS then it dies. Easiest way to diagnosis is when it won't run watch the tach. If the tach doesn't move when it is cranking its the CPS

Have him check that, thanks.

mystic venom

Established Member

Well being that car would not start, troubleshot for close to a year and all pointed towards the computer. Replaced computer and car started fine and ran for like a day then back to nothing. I would think that if it was a sensor once the EEC was replaced it wouldn't have stated anyway.
Just my .02 as i have never even seen the car, just going by what he has told me.

blue92

Established Member
Well being that car would not start, troubleshot for close to a year and all pointed towards the computer. Replaced computer and car started fine and ran for like a day then back to nothing. I would think that if it was a sensor once the EEC was replaced it wouldn't have stated anyway.
Just my .02 as i have never even seen the car, just going by what he has told me.

CPS

Users who are viewing this thread