93R front bumper support question

prez1967

Established Member
I remember a while back that i saw this metal part on ebay that supported the 93R front bumper since the fog lights and associated brackets were deleted. Does anyone have any detailed information on this piece or any source for one?

Basically im looking to delete the fog lights plus brackets on my 93GT and i need a solution. I've heard about some using non expanding foam with success but i would like something as rigid as possible as i may decide to play with front splitters down the road.

robertlyons

Established Member
Those brackets are rare, and if you do find one you will pay through the nose for it. While I still had the stock front end on my car, I just ent up some metal strips and ran them from the bumper support to the foglight bar. That way I could run cooling ducts from the foglight holes and keep the support bar.

grape

Established Member
tubular products inc, another division of mascotech built 107 of the bumper braces along with 107 strut tower braces........they are kinda rare. They may have built more, but i've never seen any for sale that didn't come from one of the 107 original cars.

prez1967

Established Member
tubular products inc, another division of mascotech built 107 of the bumper braces along with 107 strut tower braces........they are kinda rare. They may have built more, but i've never seen any for sale that didn't come from one of the 107 original cars.

Apparently tubular products is no more... the receptionist from Macotech gave me metaldyne's number and i left them a message to inquire about possibly reproducing these parts...

lets see where this gets me :D

Users who are viewing this thread