94-95 Cobra Q"s

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
I've been keeping my eye on one on the local craigslist. I'm getting a tad impatient on getting the mustang I really want :lol: If I can swing it and this is still available after the new year (been on CL for over a month already) I might have a serious look see at it.

http://fresno.craigslist.org/cto/888183378.html

It seems to have some nice additions already (headers, adj. shocks, 3.73s, upgraded MAF), but I would want to do a HCI package and/or set it up for a paxton or vortech. I tried searching but couldn't find much on the pushrod cobra's.

What are the limits of the bare block?
Can I just do forged int. cam and crank for blower prep?
Will a 03/04 cobra tank and pumps mount right up?
What other FI setups are ideal?
Any known problems/issues I should worry about (aside from the norm)?
How much harder are the EEC cars to tune than the OBDII cars?

This one's been on for a while too, so I may look at it. http://fresno.craigslist.org/cto/918093732.html

Mike93SVT

Savior of Junk
Established Member
on your drivetrain questions:

stock blocks like to split around 500hp. don't waste any money changing the internals. they will outlast the block.

switch to a roller 351 motor, or get a boss/dart 302 based block

watch the balancer, they are prone to going bad, make sure it doesn't wobble.

and figure out your goals for the car.... have you thought about a turbo instead of a blower?

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
on your drivetrain questions:

stock blocks like to split around 500hp. don't waste any money changing the internals. they will outlast the block.

switch to a roller 351 motor, or get a boss/dart 302 based block

watch the balancer, they are prone to going bad, make sure it doesn't wobble.

and figure out your goals for the car.... have you thought about a turbo instead of a blower?

So the internals aren't powdered like the modulars?
Are the blocks the same as the foxbodies or are they the romeo built blocks? I ask because I thought the Fox bodies split at 350 or so.

If I coudl save the bare block and upgrade that I would prefer it.

I always think about my over all goals but thanks. I want to go with a blower. I wouldn't mind going turbo, but I know those aren't cheap and I like the sound of centrif blowers.

Thanks for the feedback, especially on teh balancer.

Black03Mach

Smoked Tail Lights
Established Member
Are the blocks the same as the foxbodies or are they the romeo built blocks? I ask because I thought the Fox bodies split at 350 or so.

If I coudl save the bare block and upgrade that I would prefer it.

I always think about my over all goals but thanks. I want to go with a blower. I wouldn't mind going turbo, but I know those aren't cheap and I like the sound of centrif blowers.

Thanks for the feedback, especially on teh balancer.

looks good, im trying to purchase one here locally for about 3k

maniak87

All Nutz
Established Member

they are the same as the fox body blocks and the fox body blocks give out at 500 or so not 350...

turbo will give u the best power but the s/c's are easier to install and are a little cheaper. if u get a 94/95 soon i can sell you my s-trim.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Why didn't you just PM me? :nonono:
I'm sorry man.....If I do go with it, I'll definitely PM you. Didn't mean to not send some brutherly love your way man. :beer:
they are the same as the fox body blocks and the fox body blocks give out at 500 or so not 350...

turbo will give u the best power but the s/c's are easier to install and are a little cheaper. if u get a 94/95 soon i can sell you my s-trim.
Ok...500 not 350..sounds good.

Thanks for the offer, but I don't even know if I can pick up the car yet, let alone an S/C for it too. :beer: (four kids and a fast stang don't do well together. LOL)

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Pony get the car and drop in a 351W. I can walk you through the whole thing.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
^^^ I'll see man. THis wont' happen anytime soon, but I'll contact you if I do.

BUT, you have to contact me abotu your GF mach. LOL

Stopsign32v

Established Member
LOL next is a tune by Pro-dyno and 4.10s or 4.30s. I haven't decided yet on which gears I want to put in her car. If it was my car it wouldn't be an issue. But ya know...

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
LOL next is a tune by Pro-dyno and 4.10s or 4.30s. I haven't decided yet on which gears I want to put in her car. If it was my car it wouldn't be an issue. But ya know...
mine as well go with the 4.30s. Not much difference in the two.
I love to have a second Cobra with a 351 stroker:rockon: If you are going to do the engine look for a car where the motor is toast.
the one above seems to be in good condition, so I may just keep looking.

Users who are viewing this thread