94-95 Eec

SpyStang95

Established Member
I have heard from a bunch of different sources that the computer in out cars has a hard time with cam changes. I was just curious if anyone has experienced this, or heard the same thing. Also, my ultimate goal is a forged 347, cnc twisted wedge heads, and a Hp turbo setup. Just wondering what you guys would suggest for engine management. I was thinking F.A.S.T. or something along those lines. Thanks

SpyStang95

Established Member
Well i have a 95 cobra, 30k miles, stock bottom, edelbrock performer 5.0 heads, custom cam, and mine is still running great. Ive just heard some stories about the computer being so sensitive that it causes problems. I would imagine that if the problems dont present themselves fairly quicklly then they wont occur at all. But i have no idea.

WhiteDevil

Pushrod Power
Established Member
For some reason some cars are more finiky that other. Also having a cam with a 112LSA or better is a big help for out EECs. Getting a TwEECer or PMS for a tuning device all seem to work great for people. I dont have much knowlege about the FAST system but i know ALOT of big horsepower guys use it. And with a turbo 347 you will have some big power.

SpyStang95

Established Member
I would love to have power numbers of 650+ on 93 pump. I dont know if that even reasonable or not. And i want to learn the most i can about management systems, maybe even some that you can tune yourselve with a laptop.

WhiteDevil

Pushrod Power
Established Member
SpyStang95 said:
I would love to have power numbers of 650+ on 93 pump. I dont know if that even reasonable or not. And i want to learn the most i can about management systems, maybe even some that you can tune yourselve with a laptop.
Tweecer is self tunable and you use a laptop with that. I believe you use a laptop with the FAST system as well. The Anderson PMS comes with its own hand held device.

SpyStang95

Established Member
Also, would you recommend something like that for the setup i have now. Would i see any kinda gains such as hp, gas mileage, anything.

fiveo'cobra

Established Member
The computers in our cars ARE good but everyone ditches them because they dont "adapt" that well to mods. Just like any other computer they have to be tuned properly. They are far more advanced than some of the old style computers. From the mods you have listed you will gain something in every category you listed above. The FAST units are super nice, but are quite the chunk of change. If you choose to go with a Tweecer, get the RT version. It has a datalogging feature that makes tuning so much more efficient. Its not exactly microsoft word friendly but once you get the hang of it, its like clockwork. It allows you to tune virtually every aspect of your car and has 4 different setups you can save like stock, mild, aggressive, and race tunes. That way if you wanna putt around town you can plug your laptop to it and pull up your saved mileage friendly tune. Then if you want to hit up the track later that night just plug up your computer again and switch it to your race tune. Its that simple and it works great. If you look around on some classifieds on forums, you can find the RT versions going for $300-$400. They are about $550 new from tweecer.com.

SpyStang95

Established Member
Thanks a bunch, thats exactlly what i was looking for. Also, any of you knowlegdeable guys out there think you could give me a estimate of my numbers at the wheel. LIke i said before its a 95 cobra, stock bottom end, edelbrock performer 5.0 heads, custom cam( between an E of F303), 65mm tb, jba headers, bassani off road x, bassani ss cat back. Just curious.

raven69david

Blown & Cammed
Established Member
fiveo'cobra said:
The computers in our cars ARE good but everyone ditches them because they dont "adapt" that well to mods. Just like any other computer they have to be tuned properly. They are far more advanced than some of the old style computers. From the mods you have listed you will gain something in every category you listed above. The FAST units are super nice, but are quite the chunk of change. If you choose to go with a Tweecer, get the RT version. It has a datalogging feature that makes tuning so much more efficient. Its not exactly microsoft word friendly but once you get the hang of it, its like clockwork. It allows you to tune virtually every aspect of your car and has 4 different setups you can save like stock, mild, aggressive, and race tunes. That way if you wanna putt around town you can plug your laptop to it and pull up your saved mileage friendly tune. Then if you want to hit up the track later that night just plug up your computer again and switch it to your race tune. Its that simple and it works great. If you look around on some classifieds on forums, you can find the RT versions going for $300-$400. They are about $550 new from tweecer.com.

:) Thats pretty accurate. My AFM B-21 cam has an LSA of 110 i believe and the computer absolutely hates it. I have a base TwEECer and i'm STILL trying to get the idle right. It will eventually be tuned someday :rolleyes: to straighten it all out once and for all with the help of a Wideband O2 meter on a Mustang Dyno. If you have the money go F.A.S.T; if you have the patience to learn go TwEECer; if you love simplicity go with the PMS. :read:

Users who are viewing this thread