94 Cobra steering wheel ??

gr8whtckret

Established Member
Hey guys, I need some help! Does your 94 Cobra steering wheel have "cobra" lettering on it or the "horse" emblem?
I have a 94 Cobra with the "horse" emblem on it and trying to figure out if the steering wheel is orginal or not.

95riosnake

Established Member
The cobras say "COBRA" across the steering wheel. If yours has a pony, it could either not be a real cobra, or someone might have replaced the airbag with one from a GT or V6 (probably from changing interior colors or from a wreck) because they are much cheaper. When I wrecked mine last fall, my insurance company had to buy two new air bags from ford, I believe I remember seeing it was almost $900 for the driver's side :uh oh:

My94GT

Established Member
im pretty sure they said cobra on them. the only apearence difference was the gt/v6 style hood....the 3rd brake light intigrated spoiler, the wheels without gray inserts, and the rear cover said mustang along with the v6 where as the gt said mustang gt. oh and 94\95 cars had different tail lights and smooth black mirrors.

hope this helps

gr8whtckret

Established Member
My 94 is a real cobra I'm sure of that, the air bag must have beem replaced at some point before I owned it.
I need a new steering wheel and found one with the air bag buts says cobra on it and wanted to make sure I stay orginal. Thanks for the input!

Users who are viewing this thread