'95 "R" Fuel tank replacement

svtguy

Established Member
Who built that tank?

The 00R cell I had was identical to my 95R tank other than the front edge. This one has a relocated float location forward and an oblong vent plug at the top. It does have the front edge angled.

Tom

Late Model Mustang Can, ACSA110B - Replacement Aluminum Cans - Late Mustang - Mustang

Fuel Safe for $1500.

It is the original tank for an 00R. I've had mine out a few times and a friends out of his 00R and it looks identical to the pic except it gets painted black.

Paul.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Cool Marc!

So my question is has anyone in installed one? As I don't need one yet, and this is just going on the "shelf" until I need it, which is hopefully years. Wanted to be sure it fits as intended before pulling the trigger.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Those of you that have received them, how is it going?

How about inside pics, especially some inside to see the baffling.

Tom

bret a ewing

Established Member
I've received one but not the time to install as of yet. Just back from va-ca and heading to OC Maryland for Endless Summer Show. New week will have some time to begin the install. The tank look very nice BTW.

Best, Bret.

n2fords2003

Established Member
I've installed mine. Fit seems dead on. All the accessorys bolt on without any modifications. Only one small thing. I replaced my pump at the same time and when installing it in the tank, it was a small amount too long/deep. Maybe it was my fought in the drop in part being too long after i re-did it or maybe Glenn's tank was made a bit shorter. Either way i got that part done. The rest went great. It looks great and im getting the side build information sticker made to put on the fake tank. Im going to get extras printed of anyone else wanting to finish the perfection that Glenn has started.

bret a ewing

Established Member
Thats good news.
Painted mine last night, and installed the components. Found the pump to be a "snug" fit length wise. How far off the bottom should the pickup be?

bret a ewing

Established Member
Talked with Glenn last night, my pump was fitted to the tank during construction, so, snug is good.

:):):)

Brian,

Glenn mistakenly sent me your parts, I will send them back to you, email your address to me.

[email protected]

.........are you going to the SAAC Northeast Regional event? If you are I will just bring it along.

Best, Bret.

Last edited:

brianz426

Established Member
Bret,
I talked to Todd on Thursday and he has some of my parts also. I was going to contact you after Todd went through his stuff. Unfortunately I can't make the NE Regional event this year.
Thanks for all your efforts, I got my tank last week. It looks awesome.:rockon:

What paint did you use? Rattle can or paint gun? I've never painted aluminum like this. Any suggestions appreciated.
Thanks again,
Brian

e-mail sent

bret a ewing

Established Member
Tank is in, fits and works perfectly.

Brian, you are quite welcome, hey you helped too!! :beer:
I used Krylon satin black -w- primer from Home Depot. Cant tell the difference from the old tank, powder coating would also work.

One note: If you are planning on running a larger aftermarket exhaust, Glenn can angle cut the top rear (nearest engine) left and right corners of the tank for clearance.

Well gang, that should wrap it up....................... thanks to everyone who helped in this project.
Glenn will eventually update his website to reflect the '95 "R" tank addition.

Best regards,

Bret. :):)

Last edited:

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
I was going to do the same thing, would rather jump on your train, if you have an extra to sell. I will PM as well.

im getting the side build information sticker made to put on the fake tank. Im going to get extras printed of anyone else wanting to finish the perfection

Great news that there are 2 installed with success. Great work to all on this project!!

n2fords2003

Established Member
As far as the sticker.. while doing mine I was noticing all the Fuel Safe information that was on the sticker. While copying their sticker and we already copied the tank, I decided not to put myself out there offering the stickers. We got a tank co. that already breaks it off in us for a liner, who knows if they would come after me for copyright infringements. Sorry guys but ur own your own.

Users who are viewing this thread