'95R Air Bag Light

RJY

Established Member
Well my air bag light is on and Ford can no longer provide the module. I have no plans on removing my stock steering wheel so I want to keep everything functional. Any ideas how to replace? Where I can get a replacement module? Thanks.

Ruslow

Established Member
should be able to figure code out by one of 2 methods.there is an obd2 connector under the dash next to the center console.IT may scan the air bag system.otherwise when you do a start the lite will go do its bulb test then start to blink count the blinks.that is the code after all codes are 'blinked' out it will stay on.Stan

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
My stock 95R airbag light just turned on a few months ago.

I road tested the system, and it is working properly (it stops very well on wet payment). I had already replaced the rotors and pads. The hubs are good (9.5K road miles). The calipers are good. I use stock Ford brake fluid (which I have race tested for 20 years).

I believe it is just a bad sensor which happened on a 1994 Cobra that I once owned. You should road test it.

A bad sensor will not cause a system failure while a module failure will be noticeable.

JMO, I am working with four older cars and need to watch my budget (aka, I am a cheap guy). :-D

Ruslow

Established Member
air bag lite and abs lite are different.IF you abs lite is on you will not have abs.I have fixed a few because the brake fluid level was low and the sensor in the m/c tripped the lite.Stan

Users who are viewing this thread