95R Exhaust System Question

1993cobramustan

P'O'd SVT POSTER
Established Member
I am looking to purchase a 95R, have found a few with non-oem muffler systems.....In looking at my literature on the 95R, I don't find any "F5ZV" numbers for the cat-back portion of the exhaust system, although their are a few items for the H-pipe that are unique to 95R....Anyone out there with stock system they want to sell, or can you advise if the 95 Cobra system is the same as the "R"......

Thanks for the help

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I am looking to purchase a 95R, have found a few with non-oem muffler systems.....In looking at my literature on the 95R, I don't find any "F5ZV" numbers for the cat-back portion of the exhaust system, although their are a few items for the H-pipe that are unique to 95R....Anyone out there with stock system they want to sell, or can you advise if the 95 Cobra system is the same as the "R"......

Thanks for the help

The H-pipe and left and right muffler tailpipe assy's are common with the 94/95 Cobra 5.0L. They are tough items to find in nice, low mile condition. They have been obsolete from Ford for a few years. Most times the tailpipes have been cut just behind the mufflers for ease of removal.

R

crralph

Established Member
I removed my stock cat backs when I had the rear out to do a gear change, they are not for sale. However I can tell you that a Bassani SS Cat. X pipe along with a MAC cat back setup is a perfect fit to a 95 Cobra R, even with the fuel cell. I agonized over this when I installed it several years ago. I think Ford made the change from the 5.0 to the 5.8 in the headers, with respect to the H pipe. The only problem I have had is that the MAC chrome is peeling from the tail pipes. You also have to place them very carefully when you install them. All of the stock hangers still work, even the air pump hook up is perfect. The one major rattle I had from Ford turned out to be the bracket holding the air pump tube at the engine, it was never tightened from the factory. I found this during the exhaust install. I also had a lot of banging, from the factory pre cat, cat set up at high flow rates. This all went away with the new set up. The Bassani only has 2 small cats, to the stock Ford 4 cat set up.
Hope this helps.
John

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member

Thanks for the help

I was not sure if you needed the H or not.

This might be near you................

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...STRK:MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=270212630246&rd=1

R

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
I have an original catback that was pulled off a friends 95R with only a couple thousand miles on it.... I might consider selling it. If I do decide to sell it would be a few months before business slows down long enough for me to deal with shipping etc though.

Terry Moenich

Established Member
If you are looking at one with a Borla system #138, ( I think that was the number )that is my first 95 R purchased at Loyal Ford in Wisconsin.

Users who are viewing this thread