96 cobra still horrible at idle/dieing

Prostyle

Established Member
Hey guys posted a thread a couple weeks ago about the car. Car wouldn't idle. Just start up and die.

I've done some datalogging. Volts looked low so I changed the battery and alternator.

Checked all hoses and replaced all vac hoses. Replaced all gaskets. Used propane to check for leaks and found nothing.

The car will idle 25% of the time but at around 500rpm with 0-1 mercury.

A forum member will be posting my video for me here shortly as im at work

Any input would be appericated guys. Im lost on what could be wrong!

mwolson

Gray beard
Established Member
Here's the video:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_K-7hHuCyU"]YouTube - ‪2011 07 06 18 17 07 862‬‏[/nomedia]

I have never seen a car idle with such low vacuum, and I am at a loss as to what might cause this...

Prostyle

Established Member
Sorry about the music during the video. Forgot the cd player was on.

Anyhow what do you guys think may be causing this? Usually the car just dies but sometimes it will sit there and idle

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
You'd probably be better off asking this in the blower bistro or in one of the on3 threads.

pacific4v

Established Member
has the car been tuned since the turbo install? u may want to try rotating the position of the maf sensor in the piping and see if that helps. I was told by my tuner to weld my maf sensor flange in a short piece of pipe with couplers on each end so i can twist the pipe 360 degrees until it idles right, then clamp the couplers in place, instead of welding it in the intercooler piping where its permanently fixed in one position. he said he had idling problems in his wife's turbo mach1 and that's what he had to do.

Prostyle

Established Member
Car was tuned in april by tim Barth. Car ran fine. No problems.

Car started to idle bad when it was warmed up but would never die just drop down to about 1krpm and the car would shake somewhat.

Made a 2 hour trip and the car hasn't idled right since.

the car drives fine. I can go out and do pulls all day long and not have a single problem besides the car dieing at idle.

Prostyle

Established Member
My tuner isnt exactly sure. He needs to see the car and its a 4 hr trip to him. He thought vac leak at first but I have tried everything to find one and im postive there isn't a vac leak

I checked codes today and got a p1507. Has a new iac on it but im going to run test to check the ohms and etc to it make sure its getting power and stuff. Also checking my pcm that controls the iac once I get home from work.

Users who are viewing this thread