960.'s tweaking towards 9.30's??

bunits19714

Established Member
Track finally opened today(2 weeks late) made these (2)9.6's passes- car was still spinning here both times. I changed(way to much in the winter) the converter, the front rear struts/ and shocks and tire setup- have a long way to go getting the fully adj. stuff dialed in- car is spinning after the initial hit about 20 feet out, added rebound and it got better just ran out of time. hadn't touched the front adjustments yet, will do that tomorrow. Ran a 9.80 with a 1.62 60 foot that pass would been a 9.50s pass with the same mid 1.45 60'. , trap was 145 and low change. with proper shock/ set up car should 1.32-35 60 . Trans is shifting early, and lock up is coming in way early but will deal with that after I get the 60's down.
time.jpg

bunits19714

Established Member
tweaked a lil more today. 9.55 was the best @ 146.24- +33.5 on the back half- 1.42 was the best 60 foot today- got some bent wheel studs now- @#$%
time2.jpg

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Bad ass!!! Love Race Red and the 13/14 body style... Wow... car looks great!

What pulley set up... how much boost? What fuel? Who is tuning it?

31 mph back half is impressive!

bunits19714

Established Member
33.5 mph on the bh(lol) 4.13" e-85 CRT out of Norwalk, OH. I am still dialing in the shocks/struts, haven't addressed shift points, lock up(coming way early) should start working on that after I make one more trip to get the suspension dialed in then going after the trans . car should/needs to be in the mid to low 1.3's on the 60' and I will be happy. And not sure on the boost haven't looked at the logs(have boost recorder(lund) at the end of the qtr probably 14.5-15 ish.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Bad ass. You make damn good case for the Procharger on my 18.

Im in the middle of a debate with myself right now on which power adder to buy.

Our local track's DA is shitty... usually around 3000ft. My goal is a high 9 and 140+ trap speed.

bunits19714

Established Member
If your going to KEEP IT (we all know how you move your cars along) I would go the d1x with the biggest intercooler option they make (buy it once) if you think your sending it in a year or so then just get a p1x, there isn't that much difference in price for the long haul. the whipple 3.0 is a nice unit as well. The 10 speeds don't need a converter as bad as the 6r80's do. Good tuning should get it in the low 1.5's possible a high 1.4 60'.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
33.5 mph on the bh(lol) 4.13" e-85 CRT out of Norwalk, OH. I am still dialing in the shocks/struts, haven't addressed shift points, lock up(coming way early) should start working on that after I make one more trip to get the suspension dialed in then going after the trans . car should/needs to be in the mid to low 1.3's on the 60' and I will be happy. And not sure on the boost haven't looked at the logs(have boost recorder(lund) at the end of the qtr probably 14.5-15 ish.

What track are you running at?

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Cmon bro u know what kit to buy..... I know its a long wait but well worth it. Nothing else even comes close. IAT's will be lower then any other kit. With all the new Turbos out its a no brainer bro! Freakn 76mm's are making 1400 hp!

Bad ass. You make damn good case for the Procharger on my 18.

Im in the middle of a debate with myself right now on which power adder to buy.

Our local track's DA is shitty... usually around 3000ft. My goal is a high 9 and 140+ trap speed.

Users who are viewing this thread