97 Cobra Restomod - Snow Pony

Makobra

Mostly Peaceful
Established Member
Sideskirts no more! I filled in these holes with waterproof fiberglass infused filler (its for filling holes). first i removed the paint and sanded it with 40 grit then i dinged the holes a little to make them little bowls so that i can put more filler in. when you push it through thehole it sorta looks like a rivet on the other side but i don't want to take any chances.

ss1.jpg

still needs one more pass and then i think it'll be good.

ss2.jpg

ss3.jpg

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Very cool. I want one! What if I buy the hardware and a fuel door, think you could make one at some point in your spare time. My car won't be getting paint until at least next year so no rush.
I'd obviously pay you for your time etc. ;)

Makobra

Mostly Peaceful
Established Member
Very cool. I want one! What if I buy the hardware and a fuel door, think you could make one at some point in your spare time. My car won't be getting paint until at least next year so no rush.
I'd obviously pay you for your time etc. ;)

the hardest part is fabbing the spot for the little clicker. be cheaper to buy a welding machine and do it yourself :D

Makobra

Mostly Peaceful
Established Member
Loving the clean shaved look. Have you thought about shaving the door handles or converting to Miata handles?

i've given that a LOT of thought but ultimately the stock handles are pretty clean.
one guy on the sn95 forums installed these on his GT.
49-461661-1.jpg

Makobra

Mostly Peaceful
Established Member

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Very interesting. I plan on deleting the keyhole altogether at some point, should be a pretty simple job.
This is fun, you are doing all the same ideas I have. Can't wait to see it all done.
Are you deleting the antenna as well?

I have a set of 99-04 Saleen style sail panels that I will be throwing on too.

Makobra

Mostly Peaceful
Established Member
Very interesting. I plan on deleting the keyhole altogether at some point, should be a pretty simple job.
This is fun, you are doing all the same ideas I have. Can't wait to see it all done.
Are you deleting the antenna as well?

I have a set of 99-04 Saleen style sail panels that I will be throwing on too.

i would be deleting the antenna if it wasn't already gone :)

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member

Bwahahaha this is uncanning. I have a 94 Cobra trunk (no third brake light) put away that I will be installing. You can't make this shit up. Hurry up and paint it already. Hahaha.
I want to see how it looks!
My sideskirts have been off since 2010 or so but still haven't properly filled the holes.

Users who are viewing this thread