98 cobra intake and LT's

Chadt13

Established Member
I seen people on here are making like 20 more HP on an intake and LT swap on 96 to 98 cobra's my question is what type of intake and what brand of LT or can I use shorty's and achieve close to the same power gain... I already have bkk off road pipe.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Short runner intake. Most made by a member here (NASVT) and LTs.

Shorty headers are not worth the cost and the PITA install is the same so you may as well go all out with LTs.

Chadt13

Established Member
What does this short runner intake look like I don't want to get rid of my 98 cobra intake if it's plastic anyone have a pic of this intake and maybe a round about price?

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
It's not an intake tube. It's a modification made to the lower intake manifold. The intake runners are removed, shortened and epoxied back into place. Visually you will notice no difference when the intake is assembled.

JustinG60

Terminatorless : (
Established Member
i thought about doing the intake runner cut but after MMR IMRC delete plates i decided i wouldn't want to lose any more low end Tq. does it make any noticable difference? not sure the top end gain is worth the low end sacrifice, the B head 4v already seems lacking ...and i have 3.73's

bumsoil

Established Member
I just installed a short runner on my cobra. Some low end might have been lost, below 2500 it feels softer.
Holly hell does it pull up top. 10/10 highly recommended, and im on a stock tune.

Users who are viewing this thread