98 Cobra Kenne Bell

Hunter98SVT

Maximum Over Rustle
Established Member
Hey all!

I've been looking into getting a 2.1 kenne bell for my cobra but i don't like that it has no intercooler...

So i come up with this idea.. I found a cheap set of C-heads at a local salvage yard and was wondering what if i get an 03-04 cobra lower intake and buy the liquid cooled kenne bell?

Any input will be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks

GodStang

Established Member
Liquid cooled and intercooled are two different things. You will need a lot more parts to get everything to work. You probably want 03-04 cobra/mach/aviator heads as the have the correct cooling passages that other C-heads dont have.

Mr.Sensitivity

Established Member
Hey all!

I've been looking into getting a 2.1 kenne bell for my cobra but i don't like that it has no intercooler...

So i come up with this idea.. I found a cheap set of C-heads at a local salvage yard and was wondering what if i get an 03-04 cobra lower intake and buy the liquid cooled kenne bell?

Any input will be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks
I've been looking at it my self but I daily drive my 97. I've wondered if the lack of intercooler would be an issue on the interstate or not. I've never charged anything.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Lzr96Snake

burning up in speed
Established Member
Guys I’ve had a KB on my 96 Cobra for 5 years now and have put several thousand miles on it going to and from shows, all in the summer time. No issues what so ever. I’m planning on driving it 600+ miles one way to Detroit in August for Woodward. Obviously it doesn’t make the power of the later C head intercooled kenne bells but driveability hasn’t been an issue.

Mr.Sensitivity

Established Member
Guys I’ve had a KB on my 96 Cobra for 5 years now and have put several thousand miles on it going to and from shows, all in the summer time. No issues what so ever. I’m planning on driving it 600+ miles one way to Detroit in August for Woodward. Obviously it doesn’t make the power of the later C head intercooled kenne bells but driveability hasn’t been an issue.
Did you do internals too or stick with stock? What other upgrades, how hard do you drive it and what power are you making?

Lzr96Snake

burning up in speed
Established Member
Did you do internals too or stick with stock? What other upgrades, how hard do you drive it and what power are you making?

Stock bottom end. Just done supporting mods, 42 lb injectors, 255 lph fuel pump, IMRC delete, relocated the IAT post blower using a lightning sensor, intake and exhaust, 180 thermostat and custom tune. Made 363 to the wheels on 6 lbs of boost. I usually drive it around 1k miles a year. I’ve made several 200 mile+ trips going to Bowling Green and Somerset to shows running the a/c and driving it hard at times while cruising around in the evenings.

crazycarlo

Established Member
If you have the supporting mods, a good tune and keep the boost pretty good you’ll be ok. Just dont expect to make 04 cobra KB power and you’ll be fine.

Hunter98SVT

Maximum Over Rustle
Established Member
I got a 408w foxbody that's my big power car so i don't care about massive power gain. I just want something to bing up that low end torque that these cobras don't have.

Hunter98SVT

Maximum Over Rustle
Established Member
I plan on forging the rotating assembly so i can pump up a boost a little, I like the way the twin screws look and offer instant power. I'm just wondering if anyone has any good ideas to keep the temps in check if it ever did get hot.

ImThatGuy

Huffing Ether
Established Member
Methanol would be what you are looking for to help with the temps. If your interested, MysticKB1996 made an intercooler setup from an old Ford Probe (I think?) heater core and the intercooler (03/04 Cobra) with the appropriate lines and a little fabrication a few years back. Car made 470'ish with that tiny ass KB 1.5 blower they used to sell, I thought it was a cool setup. Would have been badass to see what it would do with a 2.1 or larger and some cranked up boost. But hey, I can only dream for now.

Hunter98SVT

Maximum Over Rustle
Established Member
I'll buy one and make one. I'm pretty crafty ha

And if it works out I'll start making them and selling kits.

Users who are viewing this thread