98 Cobra Vert Question

Jiff

Hello. Long time since I have been on this site. Thought this might be the place to get some good honest feedback.

I am finally considering selling my 1998 Cobra vert and not sure what a car like this would be worth. It gets driven only about once or twice a month at most and when it is taken out it is only for about 50 miles at a time. Always stored inside and under cover since I took ownership of it in 2008. I love the car and nothing is wrong with it, but it just doesn't get driven and enjoyed like it should, and it is getting harder and harder to justify keeping it around.

Car is in great shape. Detailed every year and never driven in the rain since I have owned it. No dents or dings. Has one scratch in the paint in the drivers side door about 2 inches long that I have touched up....other than that she is good sans typical wear and tear marks that a 19 year old car would have.

Runs perfectly. Passes smog here in California every year with no tricks or issues. Has only 84k on the odometer. Top is in great shape and goes up and down like its new. Interior is in great shape. Seats show typical wear on bolsters getting in and out but otherwise no tears or rips in the leather. Even the original stock Mach 460 sound system works including the tape deck. A few mods have been done:

* Tuned by AED here in Northern California after they did the IMRC delete
* Saleen wheels with staggered Nitto 555 tires (old 2000R wheels shown in pics).
* Eibach super sport springs
* Maximum Motorsports lower control arms/rear anti sway bar/full length chassis sub frames and strut tower brace
* Steeda Tri-Ax shifter
*magna flow exhaust with custom X-pipe
* CAI
*clear headlights and side lights
*rear sequential brake and turn light module

Have the 1998 Window sticker and SVT Certificate. Just curious what I could expect to try and sell something like this for?

Here are a pic:

Cobra2a.jpg

Thanks in advance for any feedback given

96GT226410

Established Member
Very clean, I also have a crystal white 98 Cobra convertible! Mine had 118,000 miles on it when I bought it with a noisy engine due to a spun bearing. I paid $2,000 for it. Your car (in my area) would bring $6,500 - $8,500. Good luck with the sale and thank you for keeping it safe and clean during your ownership. These are getting hard to find, especially nice ones.

brucesvt

Established Member
Great looking car good luck with sale. Why can't you be closer to west Tx lol

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

towbar

Established Member
Very nice car.

For reference, I got 7k for my 97 vert with 100k miles.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Jiff

Thank you everyone for the kind words and feedback.

Sounds like I can expect to get somewhere around $7.5k to $8.5k. Not to bad....not to sure it is enough to get me to part with it though I will have to think on this a bit more.

Strange thing I used to track what these cars were work on KBB years ago. Back in 2010 to 2013 it was shown to be work about $13.5k to $15k and holding if not creeping up in value. Then in 2014 they dropped all of a sudden to about $10.5k then I didn't look again till late 2015 and they had dropped again to about $8.9k. So they look to have leveled off again around the $7.5 to $8k level.

Wonder if these cars will ever go up in value again?

SVT_JP

Established Member
Super clean ride, my first cobra was a 98 so I'm impartial but that car has gotta be worth more than $8K

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread