98 Saleen Cobra Tribute

yellow98stang

Established Member
Just thought I would share my car. Just finished with the supercharged saleen cobra transformation. Tracked down everything to make it as authentic as possible, even the saleen/borla shotgun tailpipes. I did do some unique touches to make it my own (export tails and mirrors, custom made saleen style c-pillars, powdercoated speedway black metallic lemans wheels - widened 2" on the rears by weldcraft, etc...)
When I first got the car back in 2011:
2011-11-04_18-22-54_648.jpg

After tracking down a saleen kit that was already fitted and prepped to avoid any issues, lemans wheels, etc:
20160415_150649_zpsvaumj0dn.jpg

Saleen%20Borla%20Tailpipes_zpscrwbjz7y.jpg

Saleen%20Cobra%20Driver%20Side%201_zpsxr66sess.jpg

Saleen%20Cobra%20Rear%20Passenger_zpsp0cvfkx7.jpg

20160319_140735_zpslqwjkaxs.jpg

Saleen%20Cobra%20Angle%20Shot_zpsvubmrjow.jpg

Thanks for looking!
Dan

Last edited:

yellow98stang

Established Member
Thanks guys! I agree about the wheels and headlights, although I do have a set of magnesium speedlines I am going to do chrome yellow to match as a spare set, lol.

I have always loved your car 98 Saleen Cobra!

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
Hey its rambo_nate on IG, beautiful car as always! I am glad to witness upgrades on IG. Take care.

SVTPete83

Established Member
Looks awesome. I too love my widened Lemans style wheels. My favorite all time set! Car looks fantastic man $

-SVTPete

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wow, Dan, what a HUGE before and after difference. You did an awesome job getting the Saleen look right. Gorgeous Mustang! Did you decide not to add a number to the front bumper?

yellow98stang

Established Member
Hey its rambo_nate on IG, beautiful car as always! I am glad to witness upgrades on IG. Take care.
Thanks bud!

That car is sexy
Thank you!

Glad to see your still with us, the thread title was a little spooky!:uh oh:
OP the car looks Great..
Thanks!

Looks awesome. I too love my widened Lemans style wheels. My favorite all time set! Car looks fantastic man $

-SVTPete
I had to do it right if I was going to do the conversion. I actually had these wheels 3 years before I decided to go through and get the whole kit.

very nice job, congrats! :beer:
:beer:
I like it a lot. Well done!
Wow, Dan, what a HUGE before and after difference. You did an awesome job getting the Saleen look right. Gorgeous Mustang! Did you decide not to add a number to the front bumper?
I have been debating whether or not to do the front bumper number. I am not sure what number I would put there if I did it. I have blank engine bay and shift bezel plaques as well. I thought about trying to use my SVT # or something, but thought it would look funny being four numbers (4995).
received_10103497332120261_zpsfv5jasuy.jpg

Tits man. Looks great!

Users who are viewing this thread