#985 Restoration and 5.8L GT500 Swap

chad951

Established Member
Premium Member
I picked up some good factory replacement sheet metal pieces to fix spare tire well. I also removed the paint and body filler over where they welded the gas door shut. I started to painstakingly cut the door out and realized that the metal is pretty warped from the welding they did. I am thinking having a replacement section welded in might be a better option.

Other than that, I have been picking up missing parts where I can. More to come soon.

I am looking for a NOS driving light and a NOS driver's taillight lens if anyone has a lead on either part. Thanks in advance.

chad951

Established Member
Premium Member
Progress is slow, unfortunately, but expected. Found the place to acid dip the car and the shop for the fabrication and paint. Motor should be here middle of next month or so. Tranny needs to be picked up from a buddy's house.

I am currently in the parts collecting phase. Speaking of that. Some super sexy Maker' Garage wheels showed up. Thanks to Jason for the wheels.

ABBBA1B1-2C96-47D3-9307-E0AFEE36730D.jpeg
39929AF9-A3F9-4468-9177-742283B5126D.jpeg

muscleatsrice

Established Member
I picked up some good factory replacement sheet metal pieces to fix spare tire well. I also removed the paint and body filler over where they welded the gas door shut. I started to painstakingly cut the door out and realized that the metal is pretty warped from the welding they did. I am thinking having a replacement section welded in might be a better option.

Other than that, I have been picking up missing parts where I can. More to come soon.

I am looking for a NOS driving light and a NOS driver's taillight lens if anyone has a lead on either part. Thanks in advance.

Cool project! You might want to specify if you want an LX style lens or a GT cheese grater lens

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

chad951

Established Member
Premium Member
Not much movement on the project, unfortunately. Still waiting for MARS to deliver my motor. It is just about 4 months overdue. I hear this is a trend with that place. I am dead in the water until the motor arrives and I can test fit everything. Bummer.

chad951

Established Member
Premium Member
Based on what I have found in my research, I will probably have to go with something like these shorties due to space limitations.

Users who are viewing this thread