99-04 Fuel Tank Baffle

VA-Mach1

Established Member
Does anyone make a aftermarket baffle that will go in my existing 03 Mach 1 fuel tank?

I read over and over with a high lph fuel pump and no baffle that fuel starvation can happen. But come on, realistically at what extreme does this happen?

Is it 800hp with 500lph pump at the drag strip, or is it 400hp with 340lph pump pulling out of Circle K with a gallon of milk?

Any real experience and numbers on this issue?

Why pay 500-600 bucks for a Cobra tank if I can make a small sheet metal baffle that fits through the existing hole and screws on the the pump or hat? I'm sure the big parts makers and people with deep pockets would frown on such a idea.

VA-Mach1

Established Member
Crickets ....

I keep reading people saying (don't let the tank go below 1/4)....

Any input?

Last edited:

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Crickets ....

Any input?

I have heard don't go below 1/4 in a straight line or 1/2 tank around turns. I don't buy the 1/2 tank part, but never like to go under 1/4 with any S/C car...Sorry no real world experience, but I am about to put 03 Cobra hat in my 99 tank...no baffle...Not paying $500 for a Cobra tank...That is ridiculous...

Also, why is this in the greasy spoon which is usually about oils? Maybe Blower Bistro would be better?

Last edited:

VA-Mach1

Established Member
Thanks for your input. I agree with you. I just don't buy all the hear say unless someone can back it up with something real. I posted in greasy spoon because the description says 'or fluid related concerns' . fuel is a fluid, and I didn't see a fuel specific category.

matthayn

COBRO TO 5.BRO
Established Member
Crickets ....

Any input?

Aeromotive sump tank here, no problem in a straight line, but got caught away from any gas stations between 1/4 and 1/8 tank one day and had the car cut out on me twice taking 90 degree stop and go turns too quickly. Made me cringe. Seriously don't let it get below 1/4 running no baffles

Last edited:

VA-Mach1

Established Member
Aeromotive sump tank here, no problem in a straight line, but got caught away from any gas stations between 1/4 and 1/8 tank one day and had the car cut out on me twice taking 90 degree stop and go turns too quickly. Made me cringe. Seriously don't let it get below 1/4 running no baffles

A little different setup with the sump. I thinking with in-tank pumps everything will be OK. Unless I start hearing more real stories it seems to be just fear.

Users who are viewing this thread