99 and 96 cobra parts - trans, IRS rear, brakes, etc.

drewkeen

SVT
Established Member
From low mile wrecked 99:
99 cobra transmission
99 cobra clutch, flywheel, pressure plate
99 cobra IRS
99 cobra brakes (calipers, lines, pads, rotors, brackets)

From 99 I am putting engine into:
99 cobra engine - had a knock but is a teksid block. Will sell whole or for parts. It is complete from air filter to oil pan

From 96:
T45 transmission with 80k or 90k miles on it
96 cobra stock replacement clutch with lower miles, pressure plate, flywheel

drewkeen

SVT
Established Member
I have to go to Louisville sometime in the next couple of weeks, I could bring it with me. I also have no problem shipping stuff. I also make trips to GA a lot if anyone is there and wants a big part.

drewkeen

SVT
Established Member
How much for the IRS?

Not sure what they are worth. Is $600 fair? The salvage yards on ebay want $1100-$1200. The real going price on other parts they sell is usually just half of their asking price. Let me know if this is out of line.

Edit: I checked the mileage and it is 59k on the wrecked car.

Last edited:

NeoTokyo

Established Member
The ones that sell for over $1000 on ebay are the 31 spline 01' and 03/04 Cobra IRS's that are a lot stronger than the 28 spline 1999 Cobra IRS.

$500 seems to be the average asking price for a 99' IRS.

drewkeen

SVT
Established Member
Thanks for the heads up. I still have all of the parts listed here for sale. I took some pictures that I will post up in the next few days.

jalock87

Established Member
Thanks for the heads up. I still have all of the parts listed here for sale. I took some pictures that I will post up in the next few days.

Still waiting on a price for the front brakes. Prices and pictures will help alot with moving these items.

drewkeen

SVT
Established Member
Engine isn't really for sale. The whole reason for getting the wrecked car was to put the low mile engine in a 99 vert I bought with a bad engine. I have a few people in line for the IRS. I will contact everyone that is asking about it when I pull it according to who posted/PMed me first.

Users who are viewing this thread