99 Cobra Eaton Swap

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I know what the differences is and completely disagree with you regarding what you think would happen.

I think he would be seeing exactly what he's seeing now if that bypass valve is held closed as I understand his previous post states.
Then we can agree to disagree.

OP, can you post pics of your vacuum line routing?

6699Mustangs

Established Member
See photos

Attachments

• 7018FF4C-244C-49A8-BD43-1CE965FBFF17.jpeg
    7018FF4C-244C-49A8-BD43-1CE965FBFF17.jpeg
    501.3 KB · Views: 78
  • 6727A0C7-9E1B-4960-B8D8-85C77C05B7E2.jpeg
    6727A0C7-9E1B-4960-B8D8-85C77C05B7E2.jpeg
    576.1 KB · Views: 80

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
You need to remove the vacuum line at the bottom of the BPV and T it into the line you have going to the FRPS. Leave the bottom port of the BPV opened.

And find a new tuner. If he didn't catch that mistake he's not worth trusting with an engine.

Last edited:

6699Mustangs

Established Member
Holy resurrection Batman. I'm still debugging this thing. For the most part the car runs good, but I'm still chasing an idling and power issue.
First Issue. I'll try to make this short. Car idles great and then tries to die. Sometimes it dies and sometimes it picks itself up. Car died 3 times in the fast food drive thru. I've replaced fuel system with Fore and recently replaced IAC. I have a dragon TB with no IAC location. Therefore I used Cobra Engineering to relocate to the EGR port of Eaton.
Second. Sometimes during acceleration the car briefly loses power and the car jerks. Actually did this during the last tune(2nd one) I got. Tuner showed me where it happened in a 4th gear pull. It was the worst today under cold and rainy conditions. Not sure if that is a coincidence or not.
Lastly the E Brake light will not go off. I've checked pads, fluid and replaced ebrake switch. RPM and gauges sometimes flicker and I've completely lost MPH and RPM before.
Main ground runs from battery to new motor mounts, but I don't see a ground strap to the chasis or body. This is something I plan to add as soon as I have time. I've also read the CCRM may be going bad as it includes a switch to fuel pump. I think the ground to CCRM is the frame just in front of battery. I sanded down the frame for 2 grounds this past weekend.
Please help. These are the last bugs I cannot figure out.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
The idle adjustment in the tune might need some tweaking. It might be worth cracking the throttlebody blade a touch to get some more air in there. Do you happen to know what the IAC duty cycle is?

Was the tuner datalogging when it jerked? You need to figure out if it's spark or fuel related. The best way to do it is by datalogging. Sometimes you just have to keep logging until you catch it.

No clue about the light. Sounds like you're going to have to chase wires. Most of the time when I see gauge issues it ends up being a ground somewhere.

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
The idle adjustment in the tune might need some tweaking. It might be worth cracking the throttlebody blade a touch to get some more air in there. Do you happen to know what the IAC duty cycle is?

Was the tuner datalogging when it jerked? You need to figure out if it's spark or fuel related. The best way to do it is by datalogging. Sometimes you just have to keep logging until you catch it.

No clue about the light. Sounds like you're going to have to chase wires. Most of the time when I see gauge issues it ends up being a ground somewhere.
What should the IAC duty cycle be for idle?

6699Mustangs

Established Member
I'll have to ask the tuner. The last report I have from my OBD sites several relays associated with the CCRM (Fuel pump relay, fuel pump fuse, abs module, CCRM). I'll check all fuses and install that ground strap. Maybe that solves a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread