Established Member
Here's some pics of the inside

p1010006-1.jpg.html

p1010006-1.jpg Photo by ouray19 | Photobucket

GM2Ford

Established Member
Solid looking ride man! I've been looking at this for about a month now, asking a lot of people I know would they buy it, etc. etc. etc.

If I didn't have my car, I'd buy it in a heart beat. Always wanted a cobra.

But it seems that the main reason it hasn't sold yet it (& I'm getting this from 90% of the 30 people I've asked on Facebook who are hard core/reg. mustang fans) is because of

1. the paint
2. the original front seats are not in the car
3. the non Cobra wheels wheels
4. they just don't have the cash lol

ouray19

Established Member
Thanks for the input......and I agree. If all those things were done I'd be asking 9-10K for it. At 6500, I think I'm leaving room for all those things to be done and still have it for around the 9K price especially when you consider the low miles. Again, thanks for your input. Can't help much with #4.......LOL.

GM2Ford

Established Member
Thanks for the input......and I agree. If all those things were done I'd be asking 9-10K for it. At 6500, I think I'm leaving room for all those things to be done and still have it for around the 9K price especially when you consider the low miles. Again, thanks for your input. Can't help much with #4.......LOL.

Did this car ever have the "fix" done to it? I don't know much about it but I've heard people talking about Ford recalling the 99's for some reason.

ouray19

Established Member
I called 1-800-FORDSVT today and asked about any recall work done. According to them, the car was sold (or delivered to Germany) and several recalls were completed. The tech said all the info was in German and he couldn't say which ones. I called the local ford dealer and according to their records, by VIN, there were no outstanding or incomplete recalls for this car. The dot is on the alternator indicating the fix had been done but I haven't had a chance to look at the intake. The mfgr date on this car is 03/99 so I believe it to be one of the first of the Cobras off the line. Hope this info helps.

Last edited:

trevman15

ill take it. i just need a bit to get everything squared out. I'm the one in spokane. ill pay 6900 if you hold it for me until i can figure out how to get it

ouray19

Established Member
Here's a little history on the car. An Army office was the original owner and had the car shipped to Germany. He had the car painted and it is called a "sunset chameleon". When he returned stateside, he traded the car to an Acura dealer where we bought it. We are the second owners (when I say "we" I mean me and my son). Car has been in Colorado since the original owner traded it. It does not get driven in the winter and thus the low miles.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
I'm not really a fan of people selling their cars to dealers just so they can jack the price and resell, but I have to think at $6500 your getting very close to what a local Ford dealer would pay you for it. Just another option to consider if you really need to sell.

ouray19

Established Member
Thanks for the input. I know that craigslist, ebay and even dealerships are an option, just not quite ready to go there. Been staying mostly on forums where mustang and svt enthusiasts would see it. Would really like to see someone that appreciates these cars get it. I think KBB average trade in is $7500, especially with the low miles. You may be right that at the current asking, even a dealer may be interested. Thanks again for your input.

jholmes

To help clear some things up I am Ouray19's son Jake. I bought the car from Pikes Peak Acura in 2004. They had just gotten it in on a trade and hadent even cleaned it up yet. Im more of an import guy but a friend talked me into test driving it and was so impressed with it I bought it. I drove it for a couple months before it got parked. I was in a wreck in 03 and this was my attempt to get back into sports cars. I was taking a left at light and because of rain I ended up spinning it in the middle of the intersection at about 10 miles per hr. I didn't hit anything but the car scared me enough that it barely got used. I knew that I didn't drive it very often so I gave it to my dad.

When I was driving it I ran across the previous owner. He told me that the paint was done while he was stationed in Germany. He also had the B&M short throw shifter and the intake done. I believe he said something about the exaust being done but I cant remember for sure(10 yeasr ago almost) If I remember correctly the paint is HJouse of colors brand and I know for sure he called it Sunset Chamelian. The hood pins, Seats and harness was done since I purchased it. If there is anything I can do to help clear things up please feel free to PM me

ouray19

Established Member
Car is still for sale. Have not been able to complete the above mentioned deal. Asking $6500.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Can't believe nobody is biting at $6500. Let me help you get some of the pics up in the thread, can only help your chances -

PICT0037.jpg

PICT0036.jpg

PICT0039.jpg

P1010011.jpg

P1010016.jpg

p1010006-1.jpg

P1010008.jpg

P1010008.jpg

ouray19

Established Member
Thanks for your help with the pictures. Was using the car as my daily driver and the mileage is now at 69,200, but still very low. Would really like to sell this car to clear up some bills and would accept $6200. Thanks again, John.

ouray19

Established Member
OK. Price reduced to $6000. My next option will be to drive it into a ditch and collect insurance.

Users who are viewing this thread