99 Cobra Gauge Cluster (PLEASE READ)

derfdog15

Established Member
Hello,

I have a gauge cluster from a 99 cobra for sale with ~100xxx miles. I bought it last summer intending to put in into my 2003 V6 mustang, and bought a 99 because I liked the bluish backlit gauges.

When I tried to install it, it caused my battery to die, because it shorted my defrost switch circuit (the 99 was set up for a defrost switch next to the cluster, rather than the 01-04 double din under the radio setup. After looking at the work involved to make the 99 internals work, I opted to buy an 01 cluster and switch the face plate.

This means that this cluster is set up for a 99 (defrost switch wiring, etc.) HOWEVER IT HAS AN 01 FACEPLATE(the numbers light up greenish)

If you are simply using it to replace a broken/malfunctioning 99 cluster, you can easily swap the faces. If you are using it in a cluster swap keep this in mind. The letters ARE NOT blue, but more of a green, as it has an 01 face with the green film. Other than that it is complete working order. I payed almost $200 for each of the two clusters and since I have modified this one I would like to as $150 OBO + shipping.

PM me, or text me at 772 three-two-three 3969 if interested. I can get pictures as well, (I don't have any currently since the part is at home in FL and I am at work in IN)

NoRdO

Established Member
This then raises the question... I have an 01' Cobra cluster that I was going to put into an 00' v6. The v6 doesn't have defrost (at least this one). Should I assume that the 01' cluster won't work on an 00' car as the 00' and 99' were similar wiring config in comparison to 01'-04'? Sorry to thread jack your f/s thread.

derfdog15

Established Member
Sorry for the late response, I have no clue how it would go working backwards, since I tried putting a 99 into a 2003, but since it shorted it out i my application and caused the defrost to be always on (and killed my battery) I would imaging something similar would happen, however depending it may just turn the defrost stuff off all together. You could try and see but if not, mine is still for sale and would for sure work on a 99/00

derfdog15

Established Member
ttt, willing to make a great deal, would like to get rid of parts im not using to fund my turbo V6 or get some goodies for the 2015 taurus SHO I ordered!

derfdog15

Established Member
TTT. To be clear this illuminates green, and will work on a 99/00 mustang of any kind (assuming that PATS is correctly dealt with). If anyone is interested shoot me an offer and lets make a deal!

Users who are viewing this thread