99Mystic color change...any suggestions?

99MystiC

Established Member
OK so last time at the track when i blew the engine the front 03 bumper got messed up. I decided to go with a 99 front bumper instead, back to its roots. So i got an even swap with some one. Bad news was could not find my shade of mystichrome to repaint the bumper so now im stuck. Came across a picture of a matte metallic blue 03 cobra.
Not the greatest picture quality but gives me the idea. I have a 5" cowl lift off hood that will most likely get wrapped in carbon fiber.
mattebluecobra_zps7b1fdb52.jpg

Anyone have any suggestions to spruce it up a bit besides the carbon hood and blue.

99MystiC

Established Member
Nope they need the toner to make this paint. There are many different shades of mystichrome not just the one. The one i have is not what the 04 is. Its a lil different. The problem is cant find the toner. Had a special camera take a pic of the fender to send it out and see if they can make it, they said no. So for now a friend will wrap it and itll cost way less than to repaint it a different shade.
Im not going to repaint the car, vinyl wrap. Either the blue or a matte white pearl.
Here it is next to an 04.
NYMustangcruise014.jpg

Last edited:

01RedBeardCobra

Established Member
Oh ok I got ya, vinyl wraps are pretty cool. I had the same scenario with one often cars. It was a little off from space blue and had to get it photo'd as well. I like the flat blue as well.

Users who are viewing this thread