• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

A 2A perspective from Condoleeza Rice

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by OETKB, Sep 14, 2019.

1. OETKB

OETKB bad attitude Premium Member Established Member

A friend of mine posted this locally.

Condoleezza Rice, former Secretary of State and National Security Advisor during the Bush II administration grew up in Birmingham AL during the 50’s and 60’s. She lived there when the church’s and others were bombed during the civil rights movement.

Her father was an educator and ordained Presbyterian Minister. Below is From her book “Extraordinary, ordinary people. A memoir of family”. This is about a KKK bombing that occurred in 1963.

“As terrorists still do today, bombers exploded the first device in hopes that a crowd would gather. They detonated the second bomb—filled with shrapnel and nails—in order to injure as many innocent onlookers as possible. Fortunately, people knew better, and no one went out into the streets after the first explosion. Still, no one slept that night. When we got home, Daddy didn’t say anything more about the bomb. He just went outside and sat on the porch in the springtime heat with his gun on his lap. He sat there all night looking for white night riders. Eventually Daddy and the men of the neighborhood formed a watch. They would take shifts at the head of the two entrances to our streets. There was a formal schedule, and Daddy would move among them to pray with them and keep their spirits up. Occasionally they would fire a gun into the air to scare off intruders, but they never actually shot anyone. Really light-skinned blacks were told to identify themselves loudly upon approach to the neighborhoods so that there wouldn’t be any “accidents.”

Because of this experience, I’m a fierce defender of the Second Amendment and the right to bear arms. Had my father and his neighbors registered their weapons, Bull Connor surely would have confiscated them or worse. The Constitution speaks of the right to a well-regulated militia. The inspiration for this was the Founding Fathers’ fear of the government. They insisted that citizens had the right to protect themselves when the authorities would not and, if necessary, resist the authorities themselves. What better example of responsible gun ownership is there than what the men of my neighborhood did in response to the KKK and Bull Connor?”

2. Weather Man

Weather Man Persistance Is A Bitch Premium Member Established Member

The D sheeple got no time for that story!

tt335ci03cobra, Jameeson and me32 like this.
  3. CobraBob

CobraBob Authorized Vendor Premium Member Established Member

Excellent read there! 2nd. Ammendment FOREVER!

tt335ci03cobra and me32 like this.
  4. BlksvtCobra01

BlksvtCobra01 Do it again and I'll make it real Established Member

Very well said. I love what she told the reporter in her interview the other day when asked about Russia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

me32 and Stroszek like this.
  5. Deceptive

Deceptive Would Smash Premium Member Established Member

Rice is a really cool person. Met her in Iraq.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

6. gimmie11s

gimmie11s Handlebar mustaches... PSSHHH! Established Member Established Member

This, truly, is the reason the Founders were so adamant about 2A and the fact that they/we didn't create it. 2A is a God-given human right simply outlined and recognized by our Founders.

Hunting LOL.

The education system is the reason only 50% of our population or less truly understand how important 2A is.

7. Booky

Booky Well-Known Member Established Member

You mean the same Condoleezza Rice that said this:

Condi Rice: it’s time to discuss what 2nd Amendment ‘means in the modern world’

Ms. Rice, who served under President George W. Bush, said that while the Second Amendment remains “indivisible,” she doesn’t think civilians should have access to guns like the AR-15, which was used by 19-year-old Nikolas Cruz to fatally shoot 17 students and teachers on Valentine’s Day.

“I think it is time to have a conversation about what the right to bear arms means in the modern world,” she told radio talk show host Hugh Hewitt. “I don’t understand why civilians need to have access to military weapons. We wouldn’t say you can go out and buy a tank.”

8. gimmie11s

gimmie11s Handlebar mustaches... PSSHHH! Established Member Established Member

Yes, we should be able to go buy a tank.

I’m sorry you were born white and male. I know how upset you are by that fact.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

9. BrunotheBoxer

BrunotheBoxer Little Boy Blue - He needed the money. Established Member

Hey Boopy, let me tell you a little something.

My mom doesn't like little tiny phaggots.

10. bglf83

bglf83 Well-Known Member Established Member

I'm pretty sure you actually can buy a tank. It's just expensive.

11. Recon

Recon Well-Known Member Established Member

You can and yes it’s expensive. Friend of mine is wanting to get one and has found several for sale. If I’m not mistaken the main cannon has to be disabled first, but you can actually drive them on the street. All depends on the state laws.

Pick your poison.

12. Silverstrike

Silverstrike It's to big to move FAST! Established Member

As long as you use the rubber road tracks, as if you use the regular combat steel type expect a nice fine and repair cost from not only your state DOT but the Fed one also.

There is quite a few things that need to be deactivated on any tank before being able to transfer it. First and foremost any classified material or systems, 2nd is all the support weapons ie* machine guns, 3rd is the main gun breech has to be cut and then plugged to ATF specs and it is down right ugly on some like the T34-85 and T-55 where all it is is a big old weld glob plugging the rear of where the breech mechanism was.

I just find it funny the ATF rate the MG's more dangerous than the cannon. There is one way you can get a fully operational tank and that is if you got your Destructive device class III license then you can have it all, I know a guy that has an intact M-109A2 self propelled gun. He wants a M-107 (1969-75) since that was what he served on as a loader then gunner but the ATF has been dragging their feet and giving him the run around. The M-109A2 was the closest thing to a A1 that he could get since the last year in the Army he was assigned to a support unit to the 3rd Inf Div.

03Sssnake likes this.
  13. tt335ci03cobra

tt335ci03cobra Well-Known Member Established Member

Citizens with clean history are allowed to and arguably should pursue their 2nd amendment.

In 1789 some private citizens had cannons. It was a good thing. They helped hold off the British both enlisted and volunteer American. Bearing arms doesn’t escalate into lethal action. It prevents it because people realize what could happen so they focus on logic and reason instead of emotions and bullshit.

There’s much more rampant crime in Europe, Asia and Australia because no one is really scared of repercussion and their aren’t enough duties and principals to tell when the bullies take your lunch or your wallet.

Watch what happens when a fool try’s rampaging in a red city or town. They become be swiss cheese.

14. terrible one

terrible one American Made Established Member

I got into an argument with my buddies gf last night about the 2A. She legit told me the NRA pays the CDC to misrepresent the total number of gun related deaths each year.

15. 03Sssnake

03Sssnake TK-421 Established Member Beer Money Bros.

Should have falcon punched that **** in the twat....

BrunotheBoxer and gimmie11s like this.
  16. bglf83

bglf83 Well-Known Member Established Member

Take her shooting one time. If she maintains the current opinion after that, it's time for an upgrade.

17. BrunotheBoxer

BrunotheBoxer Little Boy Blue - He needed the money. Established Member

I got news for you.

Your buddies a cuck.

Smooth, gimmie11s and 03Sssnake like this.