A Closer Look At the 2013 GT500

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
**** off asshole! Interweb harassing isn't going to help you either man!

Maybe if you stop being such a negative Nancy about the car people won't jump all over your shit.

The car is very well built with very nice components.

Please reserve your judgements until you own or drive one. Asking questions and trying to gain knowledge is one thing. But that doesn't appear to be what you're trying to do.

Also- a word to the wise- there was a troll named Svtsupersnake that was banned for what you are doing.

BossAnaki

Established Member
Thanks for the pics. :beer: That 2013 OEM heat exchanger is massive!! That thing is larger than any of the after market pieces. I wonder if anyone will come out with a dual fan kit?? Hint, hint Revan Racing:D

Hwy. Chile

Established Member
Edited. And thanks for the pics. Looks like Ford brought out a grat display of cars and exhibits.

Last edited:

2Sharpie

Established Member
Excellent pics.......SVT is really doing their homework year after year. Nice to see the evolution of these cars.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Looking for parts and the changes isn't his new job, he's always done that. Name one thing different and might benefit previous years. He's all over it. Might be a nice piece since its factory no clunk like the aftermarket. Oh you mean mod, better not interfere with his write ups and pics.

91svtbird

Established Member
Thanks for the pics. :beer: That 2013 OEM heat exchanger is massive!! That thing is larger than any of the after market pieces. I wonder if anyone will come out with a dual fan kit?? Hint, hint Revan Racing:D
Fans are not needed with this HE and could possibly even hurt performance of the unit by being a restriction especially at high speeds. Did you know it's common for Ford to turn off the engine fan in their tune when speeds exceed 35 mph as it is not needed.

This HE in the 13' GT500 dwarf's the C&R aftermarket GT500 HE in it's size.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
Fans are not needed with this HE and could possibly even hurt performance of the unit by being a restriction especially at high speeds. Did you know it's common for Ford to turn off the engine fan in their tune when speeds exceed 35 mph as it is not needed.

This HE in the 13' GT500 dwarf's the C&R aftermarket GT500 HE in it's size.
we'll see. i'll wait for some reports to come in from the urban jungle before i'll believe that the intercooling system won't need/see some sort of benefit from an upgrade. i certainly don't believe that SVT under-intercooled this car, but the vast majority of factory FI cars see a benefit from an intercooling upgrade, even on a stock engine during regular summer driving.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
**** off asshole! Interweb harassing isn't going to help you either man!

nice hair agent douche
:-D

Guys,

Name calling is not tolerated outside of smack down. If you want to do that, go to smack down, but in here.....be respectful.

Knock it off.

I doubt the OEM 2013 GT500 HE will be more capable than the current Revan Racing dual fan HE. That being said, the logical upgrade would be the unit that is already on the market. If an updated C&R core was designed, it would probably be cross platform to all 2007-2013 models. However, with the success of the current design, that's unlikely.

Last edited:

qachargh

Established Member
I kinda thought he was svtsupersnake come back from internet purgatory to start another flame war...

Users who are viewing this thread