A converstation with a saleen guy... heater core..

Using the blower coolant for the heater core is..

• a brillant idea..

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • interesting, but I have doubts.

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • a fracking stupid idea.

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters

Silverstangs

Lord Silver ™
Established Member
There is a person that works for my same company who owns a Saleen; I think it is a 2002 Saleen. He asked me why I have not been driving the cobra lately...:D

I told him it was a GT and he was like no ****ing way...
But anyways back to the question... I said I am working on it, replacing all of my cooling with new coolant tanks for the blower and engine, new pumps, new coil packs etc.

So he asked what was wrong, and I told him that my car overheats so I needed to do something about it.

He said he kept on blowing the heater core hoses until he fixed it. So I asked what he did...

He stated that instead of running the engine coolant thru the heater core, he by-passed that and now has the blower outlet coolant going thru the heater core. I gave him one of those :dw: looks, so we went to his mustang. Sure enough, instead of the hose going from the engine to the heater core, it dumps right back into the water inlet on the intake manifold.

The outlet from the supercharger goes to the inlet on the heater core. The outlet of the heater core goes to blower coolant tank. I asked him if he is able to heat up his car in the morning, and he said yes, but it does not get "Stupid" hot like before, just comfortable warm.

So I am kind of pondering doing this as well, what do you all think?

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
i hope he wears his gloves while waiting to get heat in the wintertime lol

makes no sense as to why somebody would want to do this imo

2FNFAST

Shinin' and Whinin'
Established Member
Maybe if it's really hot out and you blast the heat it'd bring er down a few degrees, otherwise its rediculous.

Military_man_88

Established Member
I did that because I don't have the 700 to rip my dash apart. But the only heat im getting if from the KB...lol

Users who are viewing this thread