A couple questions- cutout and oil separator.

dubbsfaris

Shelby SP Region Director
Established Member
Guys, I searched the site, searched google, searched other sites, and spent the last 10 days or so reading every thread 20 pages back or so. Hey knowledge is power, right?! Great stuff ive learned, thanks for all that, but a couple things I want to clarify-

1. Cant find much on anyone doing an electric cutout on 2013+. Some info i have gathered here and there is, our exhaust is 2.75, but cut outs are either 2.5 or 3.0. So has anyone had them on for a while with good results? What did you buy, and what size, and where did you install? (Please save the "get the BOSS dump" comments, if I wanted a non electric solution to a dual application, I wouldn't be wanting electrics) also, I know they wear out. I have them on my raptor and have already had to replace them. Dont care, like them that much.

2. Bob's oil separator- gonna get it through Van, but I notice there is a driver side and passenger side. We don't need two, right? So is one better than the other? Never did this to any of my other GT500s, but im guessing the 5.8 needs this?

Thanks all, and again, if you are just gonna say search previously because this has been discussed, save it cuz I searched but these are specific questions without a clear answer as of yet.:beer:

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
2. Bob's oil separator- gonna get it through Van, but I notice there is a driver side and passenger side. We don't need two, right? So is one better than the other? Never did this to any of my other GT500s, but im guessing the 5.8 needs this?

Both CAN be installed on our cars, but most users report little (if any) oil in their driver side separators. The passenger side is, therefore, the higher priority. (I get ~1oz for every 1K miles driven out of mine.) Also, please learn from my mistake (and the extra cost I incurred)... Just get the Ultimate Separator from the beginning. I didn't, figuring standard hose and clamps would satisfy me. They did not. Thankfully, Steve (from Bob's Auto Sports) took pity and cut me a deal when I contacted him to get the hoses & fittings that come with the Ultimate. While greatly appreciated, I still have extra hoses and clamps that I paid for (but will never use) in my garage... :nonono:

Last edited:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
If you decide on cut-outs, go with the 3" and have the exhaust shop flair the factory to work.
You will not likely find a bolt-on kit, a good local exhaust shop is your best bet.
-J

Users who are viewing this thread