A few pics from my hitch offshore

joemayo

Established Member
I just recently started working in the gulf as a commercial diver.. I'm not classified as a diver yet but as a tender but with this small company I dive just as much. Work was pulling 54" concrete pilings out of this bay that used to hold wells and platforms. Other pics are from scrap the other smaller barge was sweeping and picking up..
SANY1399.jpg

SANY1401.jpg

SANY1407.jpg

Quartersbarge.jpg

Diverinwater150ton.jpg

DSCF0084.jpg

Last edited:

Slo3kgtVtr

Established Member
Cool gig man, I bet it is dangerous! I can see all kinds of things going wrong lol. You've gotta trust your air supply as well as everyone topside!!!

joemayo

Established Member
You gotta go to school for commercial diving. Few in the US.. I went to one in South Africa.. All I really did was check the depths the crane was digging so the diamond cutter saw could fit to cut the pilings.. I would unhook the saw use cumalongs to tighten around the pilings for it to cut.. All this with zero visibility.

joemayo

Established Member
Waiting on a call from my company to go on a job hopefully early sunday morning in Mobile Bay in Alabama for Exxon Mobil. Hopefully month long just don't like paying more in taxes then I used to make a month at my old job ha

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant.
Established Member
That's AWESOME Joe, when are you making it back to the coast??

joemayo

Established Member
Water temp was mid 80's I coudl just dive like I was in the pictures in just overalls.. the last week i was out there had to wear my 7mm wetsuit.
This is the saw that we had to set on the bottom it's only 20ft after they dug around the pilings.. You can see the 4 point wire setup on top of the saw with shackles and at end had two cumalongs one above other.. had to go down there with zero vis line up the saw on the piling wrap chains from both cumalongs around pilings hook on other side of saw tighten them down then undo the 4 point system on top of the saw from the crane. Cut the piling then undo everything you just did.. all this just feeling with my hands
SANY1409.jpg

SANY1410.gif

Blue Blitz

Established Member
Be safe, I work offshore and deal with divers a lot. Crazy stories, good and bad.

William

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
So I take it there is more than a bit of danger in your job. Sure seems so. Must be a bit scary at times doing that work with basically zero visibility. Guess you have to block that out. Be safe!!

Users who are viewing this thread