A few tricks to racing SRT-4's

openaccount

Established Member
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You silly ricers never cease to crack me up. Actually I just drive a ford taurus.

Again KEEP DREAMING.

GLHS837

Established Member
Keep dreaming about? Id say we've proven our point. Do you have an facts beyond your obvious mastery of the "h" and "a" keys to support your view? I'm waiting for you to produce any facts at all. "Ricer"? Hardly, depending on how you define it of course:)

So, you idolize German machinery, but drive a Taurus? Sorry to hear that, nobody should have to drive boring cars.

ilumo

Master of going off topic
Established Member
GLHS837 said:
Keep dreaming about? Id say we've proven our point. Do you have an facts beyond your obvious mastery of the "h" and "a" keys to support your view? I'm waiting for you to produce any facts at all. "Ricer"? Hardly, depending on how you define it of course:)

So, you idolize German machinery, but drive a Taurus? Sorry to hear that, nobody should have to drive boring cars.

forget it.. hes a lame troll.. if we stop talking, he will probably leave us alone. unless he gets banned first. haha..

openaccount

Established Member
Dont "Doll" it up boys. You drive riced out neons. No matter what you say or do you will always still be driving riced out neons. Face it, its a fact.

SRTMopar

SRTMopar.com
Established Member
openaccount said:
Dont "Doll" it up boys. You drive riced out neons. No matter what you say or do you will always still be driving riced out neons. Face it, its a fact.

:eek: I drive a neon?

dude, you're getting way too much enjoyment out of saying the same thing over and over. Tell ya what. Come here to DC, and I'll take you to 160 :burn:

GLHS837

Established Member
You go dream of driving a performance car, I dont need to:) I have one in the driveway. It is indeed a neon, albiet a fast one. What constitutes a "ricer" to you? I've always termed it to be a car/owner that is more focussed on looks instead of performance. The proverbial Honda with fartcans and the stupid wing.

Really, why the hardon for SRTs, did one hurt you when you were young? I personally think almost all Tauruses are slow family cars, but the SHOs had some good stuff going on. Not quite enough, but it was a start.

Is it the wing? The one that generates about 80lbs of downforce above 140ish? To reduce rear end lift at autobahn speeds. See, its an upside down wing, generates downforce. The bubble shape of the car is itself a wing shape, rounded upper surface, flat bottom. Makes lift. Take a look at an Audi TT. See that spoiler on the back? It was not there on the very first ones. But at high speeds, the back end would get real floaty. That spoiler disturbes the airflow, preventing the lift.

The twin exhuasts on a four cylinder? Silly, that, I agree. But, on the upside, its a stock system that came with no mufflers to rob power. 2.25 stock, mandrel bent. not bad in a 20K car.

The powder coated brakes? Those same brakes allow world class stopping levels, about 120ft 60-0. The scoop, that dumps cooing air over the turbo?

I'm trying to understand your acrimony, really I am. Education can fix ingnorance and misconceptions. Of course, blind refusal to learn is its own reward. Your choice.

Choose learning:)

openaccount

Established Member
I just like pissing off you neon owners. All i have to say is one little thing and your panties get all in a twist. Why the HELL to you care what i think???? Seriously. Im doing this just to get you guys going and it works. The last 15 posts or so have been me vs. neon owners.

I win, Damn im good.

GLHS837

Established Member
openaccount said:
I just like pissing off you neon owners. All i have to say is one little thing and your panties get all in a twist. Why the HELL to you care what i think???? Seriously. Im doing this just to get you guys going and it works. The last 15 posts or so have been me vs. neon owners.

I win, Damn im good.

No, you dont, my goal was to get you to admit you were just being an ass:) Thanks:) Have a nice day :-D And, no I dont care what you think, but sometimes, its not an ass, but someone who really doesnt know, and is willing to learn. I should ignore that person becuase of asses like you? Nope.

I'll teach, you be an ass, I'm glad we've defined our roles :thumbsup: :

SRTMopar

SRTMopar.com
Established Member
I'll still give you a ride in a neon up to 160 if you want.. lol

http://www.acidplanet.com/components/embedfile.asp?asset=464077|1&embed=1&t=3094
at :30 there's my car @155.. ran out of room had to slow down for a turn a half mile ahead :) Oh yeah, that was stock.

(VIDEO WAS COMPUTER GENERATED, I DON'T SPEED, EVERYTHING I POSTED IN THIS THREAD IS FICTIONAL :rolling: )

Last edited:

ilumo

Established Member
GLHS837 said:
No, you dont, my goal was to get you to admit you were just being an ass:) Thanks:) Have a nice day :-D And, no I dont care what you think, but sometimes, its not an ass, but someone who really doesnt know, and is willing to learn. I should ignore that person becuase of asses like you? Nope.

I'll teach, you be an ass, I'm glad we've defined our roles :thumbsup: :

hahaha +1 :banana: :pepper:

good job. case closed, sherlock :)

Unoid

Established Member
Silver04L said:
I can't believe there's a whole thread devoted to skittles....

why not?
they're a cheap ass neon that can beat stock lightnings on the highway?
hell my 04 srt-4 is now faster in the quater than my Cat-backed 04 Sonic blue lightning.

Not faster than my 99 lightning that did 12's on street tires but thats a diff story :)

ilumo

Established Member
180hk@6250 rpm
235Nm@1950-5000 rpm
[email protected]

Those specs don't look too impressive... 0-100 looks pretty slow... I think the SRT's can definately do faster than that.

Users who are viewing this thread