A few tricks to racing SRT-4's

Wintermute

Banned
GLHS837 said:
You go dream of driving a performance car, I dont need to:) I have one in the driveway. It is indeed a neon, albiet a fast one. What constitutes a "ricer" to you? I've always termed it to be a car/owner that is more focussed on looks instead of performance. The proverbial Honda with fartcans and the stupid wing.

Really, why the hardon for SRTs, did one hurt you when you were young? I personally think almost all Tauruses are slow family cars, but the SHOs had some good stuff going on. Not quite enough, but it was a start.

Is it the wing? The one that generates about 80lbs of downforce above 140ish? To reduce rear end lift at autobahn speeds. See, its an upside down wing, generates downforce. The bubble shape of the car is itself a wing shape, rounded upper surface, flat bottom. Makes lift. Take a look at an Audi TT. See that spoiler on the back? It was not there on the very first ones. But at high speeds, the back end would get real floaty. That spoiler disturbes the airflow, preventing the lift.

The twin exhuasts on a four cylinder? Silly, that, I agree. But, on the upside, its a stock system that came with no mufflers to rob power. 2.25 stock, mandrel bent. not bad in a 20K car.

The powder coated brakes? Those same brakes allow world class stopping levels, about 120ft 60-0. The scoop, that dumps cooing air over the turbo?

I'm trying to understand your acrimony, really I am. Education can fix ingnorance and misconceptions. Of course, blind refusal to learn is its own reward. Your choice.

Choose learning:)

That was well written dude. You just earned a little more respect for skittles in my book. Thats the sort of thing I feel like writing when someone calls my car just another rustang GT with a blower.

SRTMopar

SRTMopar.com
Established Member
awdrocks said:
Oh no I meant "Seat Ibiza Turbo 20v"

Theres a few here and they seem to give stock SRT4's a run for their money
there aren't any here.. so wouldn't know. :thumbsup:

awdrocks

Banned
SRTMopar said:
there aren't any here.. so wouldn't know. :thumbsup:

It seems they are not sold in USA. They are in Australia, Europe and Mexico.

They are Seat (car make like Ford) Leon & Ibiza (model) 20v Turbos. They have the exact motor as in the Audi TT.

Users who are viewing this thread