A friend that shares sensitive info...

Recon

Established Member
i would tell your friends wife. Put the ball in her court. Let her either get out in front of it if it's a lie or let it drive her crazy for you to know.
I agree with this. Your friend seems to fail to realize the wife knows as well. If she feels guilty and tells her husband then it isn't on you.
You don't mess with someone's spouse; even worse you messed with a friend's. That's incredibly shallow.

Sent from somewhere in the Twilight Zone.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
It looks like OPs cheater friend's wife knew about it. Only person that doesnt seem to know is the guy that got cheated on.

Being cheated on is honestly the worst thing a person can experience. Its like the ultimate **** you and shows exactly what they think of you. There shouldnt be even a waivering thought no matter how ****ed up you are

Recon

Established Member
^ if that's directed towards me; I mean there's 3 people that know. And seems like the cheating friend doesn't realized that the wife could tell her husband.

Sent from somewhere in the Twilight Zone.

Zemedici

Established Member
It looks like OPs cheater friend's wife knew about it. Only person that doesnt seem to know is the guy that got cheated on.

Being cheated on is honestly the worst thing a person can experience. Its like the ultimate **** you and shows exactly what they think of you. There shouldnt be even a waivering thought no matter how ****ed up you are

This.

I'd tell the husband. That's bro code man. And beat the shit out of the other dude for being a scumbag. WITH the husband helping you.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Oh, wasnt directed specifically to you. Just a statement of fact for the thread.

Def just a shitty situation all around. Its situations like this that makes me kind of glad ive been single for the last few years. Seems to be a lot of ****ery going on these days.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
should've kept his mouth shut if he didn't want that info out. **** em

MIDTNSVT

Established Member
Thanks for all the help with this situation, and to answer a few of the questions that's been asked-
How drunk was he?- Would have gotten a dui if driving, but could carry on a conversation no problem.
Was I drunk or drinking at the time when he told the info?-No.
Pictures of said friends wife- I do not have any, but might try to sneak one of her next time I see her.
Who knows about the two messing around?- Supposedly just me my buddy and the other friends wife. From what the friend the post was made about told me.

After reading all the replies I think I'm going to stay away for a while, and give my buddy a call just to let him know that I don't appreciate the position he's put me in as far as trying to make me out as the bad guy if word was to get out of their doings. I'm thinking now that as stated if he's not drunk he'll understand the spot he put me in and that if he has a conscious problem he needs to work that out with her and him. Thanks again guys for being my "outlet" to share a difficult situation with, and if any of you guys are ever in the middle TN area just P.M. me and I'll be sure to buy a round or two!

Never_Enough

Established Member
If one of my friends knew my SO was cheating & did not tell me, I would not be friends w/them anymore. Tell him IMO

Snake Pliskin

Teen Idol
Established Member
He is a dumbass. Catch him sober and tell him the straight facts. And if he thinks that she hasn't already told at least 2 girl friends then he is a fool for life. Woman can and will not keep a dirty secret. It's a fact of life. Women always tell.

nxhappy

Established Member
you could go to him and black mail his ass. Force him to tell everybody. I'm sure you could make it happen .

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
Thanks for all the help with this situation, and to answer a few of the questions that's been asked-
How drunk was he?- Would have gotten a dui if driving, but could carry on a conversation no problem.
Was I drunk or drinking at the time when he told the info?-No.
Pictures of said friends wife- I do not have any, but might try to sneak one of her next time I see her.
Who knows about the two messing around?- Supposedly just me my buddy and the other friends wife. From what the friend the post was made about told me.

After reading all the replies I think I'm going to stay away for a while, and give my buddy a call just to let him know that I don't appreciate the position he's put me in as far as trying to make me out as the bad guy if word was to get out of their doings. I'm thinking now that as stated if he's not drunk he'll understand the spot he put me in and that if he has a conscious problem he needs to work that out with her and him. Thanks again guys for being my "outlet" to share a difficult situation with, and if any of you guys are ever in the middle TN area just P.M. me and I'll be sure to buy a round or two!

I'm kinda wired this way too. I'd be just as pissed for him telling me that as I would for him doing it.
If you had to you could say you were drunk and don't remember him telling you shit.
Best to distance yourself.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
This guy is not a friend, he is beyond selfish and who knows what else he has done or what he would do.

And all he did by telling you was put some of the guilt that he was feeling on to you, then he says he know it will have come from you if anyone finds out, now he's trying to guilt you in to not telling anyone.

This guy is a scumbag and deserves an ass beating from the husband of the chick he messed around with. You need to tell the husband ASAP. Matter of fact, I would tell your "friend" that he has 1 week to come clean to either the entire group or to the husband one on one. Either he does this or you do, that simple. If he comes at you with any bull shit about how "un-bro" it is, remind him about people in glass houses.

The ball is in your court right now, you could keep one real shitty friend by keeping it secret which will eventually lead to you being ostracized for being a party to douche-baggery, or you can lose one shitty friend, save another friend's life (by getting him out of a shit marriage) and earn the respect of the rest of the group of friends for doing the right thing.

If you don't make the first move, you could be put in a REALLY bad position with the whole group of friends and this could all come down on your head....get out in front of it. You ARE going to tell the husband of the cheating wife in one week, it is up to the shitty friend whether that is the first time that the husband hears it or not. Shitty friend will be pissed at you for not keeping his secret, but he's not a true friend anyways.

Last edited:

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
I guess I'm the odd man out, I wouldn't say anything.

He was drunk, he might have made up the whole story...Even if it's true, it takes two to tango. If they had balls enough to mess around at a party, they will get caught soon enough.

My feelings too. Also who's to say "you" are the one to cause those relationships or marriage to now fail. Yes, they are the ones that messed up but I wouldn't be the one to say anything. They might have a perfect marriage, and we are all human and makes mistakes, and would have rather not know about the cheating.

if it bothers you, just walk away from the friendship. If they try to talk to you about the distance (most guys I know won't care) just let him know what he said. Then go from there.

Users who are viewing this thread