A good GM story

Equalbracket

Established Member
So, a family member of mine purchased an 2010 chevy cruze, specifically to be towed, GM claimed it to be the perfect just for that. 6-8 months later GM sent out a letter claiming a problem with the transmission in them while being towed and it would void warranty if you continued to do so.

A few phones calls later, and eventually a meeting with the dealership, GM offered a couple options, the one that ended up being chosen was swapping for a 2012 fully loaded nav/leather/sunroof everything, Chevy Equinox. Sticker was about 12k more then the cruze. Only thing they had to pay were TTL.

Just thought i'd share.

jfsram

Established Member
Similar storey on a Dakota RT my friend bought.
Specifically bought it to tow his race car.

Came with a Mopar hitch, ready to go.

Letter claiming not to tow with the truck. Dodge offered him cash or help in purchasing a Ram.

The "unspoken problem" was the lowered ride height. My friend who liked the RT chose to buy a weight distribution hitch and continue to use it. Plus the cash.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
meanwhile, they're giving impala owners the finger, saying that the bankruptcy absolved them of all warranty responsibilities.

MissionMan

u mad
Established Member
So, a family member of mine purchased an 2010 chevy cruze, specifically to be towed, GM claimed it to be the perfect just for that. 6-8 months later GM sent out a letter claiming a problem with the transmission in them while being towed and it would void warranty if you continued to do so.

A few phones calls later, and eventually a meeting with the dealership, GM offered a couple options, the one that ended up being chosen was swapping for a 2012 fully loaded nav/leather/sunroof everything, Chevy Equinox. Sticker was about 12k more then the cruze. Only thing they had to pay were TTL.

Just thought i'd share.

good stuff. the world needs more standup dealers like this.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Similar storey on a Dakota RT my friend bought.
Specifically bought it to tow his race car.

Came with a Mopar hitch, ready to go.

Letter claiming not to tow with the truck. Dodge offered him cash or help in purchasing a Ram.

The "unspoken problem" was the lowered ride height. My friend who liked the RT chose to buy a weight distribution hitch and continue to use it. Plus the cash.

Wow! That does not sound too smart. Sure I understand the truck has the power, it sure does not have the weight to safely tow a race car and trailer. Unless it's a gutted CIVIC with a featherlite trailer. I have a full Size V8 Dakota 4X4 and U-Haul will not even rent me a Auto Trailer due to the weight of my truck being too low.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Wow! That does not sound too smart. Sure I understand the truck has the power, it sure does not have the weight to safely tow a race car and trailer. Unless it's a gutted CIVIC with a featherlite trailer. I have a full Size V8 Dakota 4X4 and U-Haul will not even rent me a Auto Trailer due to the weight of my truck being too low.

The truck weighs 4400 pounds.

How do I know a Dakota RT can tow?

My old RT

It towed the 19 foot boat fine

2011-05-09_16-52-04_404-1.jpg

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member

Lol same problem here until I informed them I was towing a 92 4 Cylunder fox coupe roller;-)

Jroc

Established Member

How light is a 4x4 Dakota?

A L is rated at like 4,670 lbs and I've not had a problem renting a trailer to tow cars with. I would think a 4x4 Dakota would weigh more than that if it has a v8, and is more than a regular car.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Just thought i'd share.

Sucks that they had to give up the Cruze if that is what they preferred to drive, but at least they got a good deal. A 2012 Equinox for just TTL. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread