A man an his dog part 2

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
I've spent a good part of my life on this forum and shared some good and bad times with you guys.

Some may remember this thread,

https://www.svtperformance.com/threads/a-man-and-his-dog.908724/

Well part 2 has come to realization. His sister Journey is now near the end.
I never thought it would be harder then it was with him but it is. Way harder.
we never knew in the begining how sweet of a dog she was. He was the alpha male so it wasn't until he was gone that she got attention.
My God has she been the best dog I've ever had.

We haven't set the date yet. Right now she isn't in pain that we can tell but cancer has shown up and spread rapidly. It will be in the next week or 2 the vet thinks.
So glad to have had many years with this sweet and wonderful animal.

View attachment 1680653

mariusvt

Established Member
We just went through the same process with our lab. She was the best dog ever, our rock through all kinds of ups and downs and the birth of our child. She was a saint with her and taught our aussie mutt how to interact with our daughter.

We adopted her when she was around 4-5 and had her for 12 years. She had a long life, but at the end she had nerve issues, couldn't get her back end up, know when she had to go to the bathroom. We finally decided to make the appointment the week before Thanksgiving while she still had some dignity left but it was the hardest thing to say goodbye and I cried like a little girl making that drive to the vet and leaving with just her collar while my wife was home with our 3 year old.

DiB14-SAFD

Established Member
I feel for ya bud. I lost my last one in August due to cancer and it isn’t easy. Had her from 8 weeks old and she didn’t quite make it to seven unfortunately. Hurt just as much as losing my previous which I had for ten years. Keep your head up and know that she will be at peace.

Last edited:

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
These are the hardest threads to read.

Wishing you and your family and Journey, comfort and peace during this tough time.

FJohnny

Established Member
Sorry to hear about your Journey. So many here know well the decision you have been forced to make and the sadness it brings. We share your pain.

Our best dog ever lost to cancer almost a year ago at 8 years old and we lost his mom a couple of weeks ago to age. You think it'll be easier but it just isn't.

I wish you strength and peace in the upcoming time and hope the good memories quickly leave the sadness in the rear view mirror.

quad

Established Member
Sorry about what you are going through. We went through the same situation and I know how you feel!

We had to euthanize our male Beagle in 2016 and then earlier this year our female Beagle. Losing the male was very hard. But then it was even harder the second time with her.

She developed cervical cancer. I read up about B17 (Amygdalin) which apparently is helpful to fight cancer. 20 mg per 10 lbs body weight is recommended for prevention. A higher dosage is recommended if cancer is advanced. And at some point if the cancer has advanced too far it is a losing battle.

I ordered B17 ASAP but because of the lockdown shipment was slow. In the end we had no choice because one day her hind legs just gave out and she could not walk anymore. And she used to be a very strong, healthy dog with an abundance of vitality and enthusiasm and a joy and appreciation for everything the world offered her. It was the hardest thing I had to do because my resolve was strong that it would help heal her if only she could hold on a bit longer.

The day after she was euthanized I go outside and there on the porch is the B17 that was delivered by the carrier. I lost it right there.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Sad to hear this. My senior beagle will be 14 this March. It's my wife and I first dog together. We remember like it was yesterday picking her up almost 14 years ago.

I dread the day...

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Its sad, and pretty tough. Sorry to hear that.

The older we get, the harder it is to lose a pet. I guess its the value we put on life.

Last edited:

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
So sorry man. I hate reading all these stories. My oldest is 11 now and I find myself thinking about that day quite often because sometimes it can come so suddenly.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Man, that sucks.
Sorry to hear this. Been down that road many times.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
I am sorry to hear this Barry. I am about to go through this, essentially for the first time. I kept it on the back burner until my wife got me a pillow for Christmas with our oldest dog’s face on it.

I cannot imagine what you must be going through having just dealt with this recently.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
So sorry to hear this news, Barry. We've never had pets but our daughter and the grandkids (grown adults now) all have dogs and/or cats. Gotta say my wife and I love them all. Two of the young cats (6 months old) especially. They're from the same litter. They've all been showered with love all their lives and it shows in how they relate to others, including strangers. You develop deep and close bonds with pets. Even though we've never owned pets, we're still experiencing that bond. We see them regularly. Again, very sorry, Barry. Journey will be deeply missed, but you'll never lose the love you have for her.

Users who are viewing this thread