A question about sound with stock ota's and LT's

rhite95

Established Member
I am getting ready to install my full exhaust on my 14 Roush RS3. It will have Kooks 1 7/8 LT's and matching or h pipe. I found a new set of the discontinued Borla touring mufflers with the ota pipes also. I want to keep it as quiet as I can. Should I keep the stock ota's or install the Borla ota's?

Canadian5.0

Established Member
Don't let the touring name fool you about the volume. I went from Atak to S-type to Touring and all Borlas are loud when you put headers on. Don't get me wrong they all sound amazing. I just got tired of being heard from 10 blocks away.

These are my tourings with BBK 1 3/4, catted x and resonator delete. Was curious what putting the resonators back on would do but I ended up going with a gt500 quad setup instead.

fuelforfire87

Established Member
Personally I would use the Borla OTA pipes especially since you are supercharged. You will be leaving a bit of HP on the table with the stock OAP's as they are not mandrel bent and the resonators are crimped and go down to 2.25" on the inside (or so I am told). If volume is your main concern I guess stick with the stock OAP or maybe find a different muffler to go with the borla OAP's

rhite95

Established Member
Personally I would use the Borla OTA pipes especially since you are supercharged. You will be leaving a bit of HP on the table with the stock OAP's as they are not mandrel bent and the resonators are crimped and go down to 2.25" on the inside (or so I am told). If volume is your main concern I guess stick with the stock OAP or maybe find a different muffler to go with the borla OAP's

I have heard that also... Just not sure what I am going to do.

PC03GT

Established Member
I have kooks 1 7/8 headers matching h pipe and a resonator delete, it's loud, but it sounds awesome imo. Being boosted you should try to be the least restrictive with the exhaust.

RUgoinup?

We will NEVER forget!
Established Member
I have kooks 1 7/8 headers matching h pipe and a resonator delete, it's loud, but it sounds awesome imo. Being boosted you should try to be the least restrictive with the exhaust.
what axleback?

TxS197

Established Member
I've got the 1-7/8 Kooks LT's Off road Hpipe Stock OTA and Frpp Sports
And the car sounds great not too loud cruising around but is deep when you get on the loud pedal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Gruca

Established Member
I have Kooks Super Street shorties, lethal off road x, lethal OTAs, and GT500 axlebacks. It’s not loud at all. I wish it were louder but I don’t want to keep spinning the wheel trying to find the axle back I like the best. GT500 AB is pretty damn tame.

Sean@LethalPerformance

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
If your concerned about it being to loud, then I would skip on the OTA pipes and see how you like the bola Touring's. The Borla OTA pipes don't have resonators. So that will really increase the volume quite a bit with a completely unrestricted exhaust.

SixPak

Established Member
Don't let the touring name fool you about the volume. I went from Atak to S-type to Touring and all Borlas are loud when you put headers on. Don't get me wrong they all sound amazing. I just got tired of being heard from 10 blocks away.

These are my tourings with BBK 1 3/4, catted x and resonator delete. Was curious what putting the resonators back on would do but I ended up going with a gt500 quad setup instead.

I have a similar setup but replaced the factory resonators with 18" bullets, or what used to be called cherry bomb mufflers. Got rid of the raspy exhaust note known to result from an x-pipe on these cars and tones it down nicely when cruising.

Here is a link in case anyone is interested:
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/wlk-24219/overview/

Users who are viewing this thread