A9L computer re-flashed by Mike Wesley

02_Lightning

Established Member
New price - $250 shipped. You will not be disappointed with this. I guarantee that you will be very, very happy with this. I could tell right away when this was put into my 93 Cobra that I had. The car only had 3.73 gears, 1 5/8" equal length shorty headers and an H-pipe on the stock exhaust. This car ran hard and was a blast to drive. This computer will work on any mass air 5.0, 5spd Mustang. I have more than the price invested and let me tell you, it was well worth it!

02_Lightning

Established Member
$200 plus shipping.
I GUARANTEE that you will NOT be disappointed with this. This will be the best bang for your buck... will work on any 87-93 Mustang 5L, 5spd, Mass Air car. Fits Cobra, GT, and LX 5.0. You will see the same increase. If you do not like it, you can have your money back. You will be absolutely amazed at how it wakes your car up. It is a plug and play piece and requires no effort to install.
I would love to get rid of this... I was only keeping it around for when I got another fox body, but that is never going to happen now.

02_Lightning

Established Member
Anyone? If you have a minor bolt on car, this will really wake it up. I cannot believe nobody is jumping on this. This is a very easy way to really chop time off your ET, and run much better than with the Cobra processor. I swore by it in my 93 Cobra for years. I LOVED IT!

cobraman1024

Waiting to be Blown....
Established Member
If I had the opportunity to test a reflashed computer like this, I would be getting dyno numbers to back up the seat of the pants increase. I'd love to try this on my '95 Cobra because it uses the A9L conversion anyway with a tuned SCT chip but I'm thinking it wouldn't get along too well with the E303 cam.

02_Lightning

Established Member
Does anyone want this? I cannot believe that nobody has jumped on this. If I still had a fox body car, this is the only thing I would have in it... it is a very, very potent program.

cobraman1024

Waiting to be Blown....
Established Member
Does anyone want this? I cannot believe that nobody has jumped on this. If I still had a fox body car, this is the only thing I would have in it... it is a very, very potent program.

I'd like to figure out a way that I could test this on my '95 Cobra which already has the A9L swap. I'd really like to see if this thing makes a difference on my combination as it is still considered "bolt-on" but with the E-cam too and ported Cobra heads with a Tmoss lower Cobra intake.
Send me a PM with an offer of what you're willing to do.......

02_Lightning

Established Member
Still available. I would like to get this sold soon so that someone can enjoy it before winter really kicks in. If you are unhappy with the computer and think it did nothing for your car, you can send it back. I have confidence that the buyer will notice a difference and enjoy it. Mike Wesley was one of the best tuners out there for 5L cars.

mark23svt

Established Member
Let me know if it fits my ride and pm me your best price. I have a 94 cobra with the mods listed on my sig.thanks.

cobraman1024

Waiting to be Blown....
Established Member
Let me know if it fits my ride and pm me your best price. I have a 94 cobra with the mods listed on my sig.thanks.

With some changes, this computer could work for your car. You'll need the information for switching some pin positions for the computer connector, add the MAP sensor and a 24lb/hr calibration mass airflow meter and an electronic fan controller.
Or the 1st generation Pro-M conversion box/harness, the MAP sensor and the mass airflow meter calibrated for 24lb. injectors and a fan controller.

This computer would fit right into my combination but I don't know how it would react with the ported heads/intake and the E303 cam. In addition, $200 is a steep investment even if I am guaranteed to get it refunded if this computer does nothing for my combination. I've already spent $600+ getting my car tuned in the first place and I've still got tune issues that would take a good amount of time to sift through and correct.

NC STANG GUY

03 gone but not forgotten
Established Member
How did he "flash" tune an A9L fox computer exactly?
You're saying it's tuned other than the stock A9L settings without an added on chip in the service port on the computer?

cobraman1024

Waiting to be Blown....
Established Member
How did he "flash" tune an A9L fox computer exactly?
You're saying it's tuned other than the stock A9L settings without an added on chip in the service port on the computer?

Thats pretty much what I got out of it; that he basically did what the newest SCT programmers do for the OBDII cars.

02_Lightning

Established Member
Correct - the computer was opened up and Mike hooked it to his lap top. He sat there for a while and made all kinds of changes to the stock A9L program as I watched. I tried it in the car prior to him making changes and the A9L alone was a dramatic improvement over the Cobra processor. With Mike's changes, the car was definitely much better. I absolutely loved what he did for the car. It was the single best modification that I did to that car and well worth every penny. I paid him much more that I am asking for this and was hoping to let someone else have that same fun.

Users who are viewing this thread