ABS Control Module

Gruca

Established Member
I purchased a new ABS Control Module from Ford Parts. Have any of you ever done this and then had the dealership flash it to your car? I didn’t realize it wasn’t plug and play until after I installed it and my ABS and Traction light were blinking constantly. I was curious what the dealer charged to flash it for you.

bdcardinal

I Spend car money on guns
Established Member
Premium Member
Normally it would be an hour labor, at my dealer it is $140, however since you did the job in the wrong order they need to flash to as-built which takes longer. You are supposed to download the ABS information in the existing module to the IDS, the switch modules, then upload the information into the new module.

bdcardinal

I Spend car money on guns
Established Member
Premium Member
  1. Connect the scan tool and upload the module configuration information from the ABS module. For additional information, refer to Section 418-01.
  1. Remove the Air Cleaner (ACL) assembly. For additional information, refer to Section 303-12.
  1. Disconnect the ABS module electrical connector.
  1. Remove the 4 screws and the ABS module.
    • To install, tighten to 3 Nm (27 lb-in) in the sequence shown.
N0096642_250.jpg

1. To install, reverse the removal procedure.
  1. If a new ABS module was installed, carry out these steps in the following sequence.
    1. Download the module configuration information from the scan tool. For additional information, refer to Section 418-01.
    1. Using the scan tool, carry out the IVD Initialization sequence.

Gruca

Established Member
Normally it would be an hour labor, at my dealer it is $140, however since you did the job in the wrong order they need to flash to as-built which takes longer. You are supposed to download the ABS information in the existing module to the IDS, the switch modules, then upload the information into the new module.

I ended up putting the old one back on for now. Can I still do it in the correct order or does plugging the new one in cause issues with that?

11SVTPP

Established Member
A buddy changed the module out in his '10 then took it to Ford and $65 later all was well.

Users who are viewing this thread